Thursday, August 06, 2009

So You Think You Can Eat

After several hours of So You Think You Can Dance…last night’s episode and now part way through the finale…I just realized that I hadn’t posted!

Don’t worry, you haven’t missed anything.

I never even had lunch!

3:45 rolled around for me to head off to the chiropractor and I realized I hadn’t eaten.  Must have been a busy day because I NEVER forget to eat.  LOL.

When I got home from the chiro I decided to just have a snack and wait for dinner.  Of course I went straight for the Whoopie Pies.  :)

IMG_3312

FYI: the chiro seems to have helped…my neck is looser, my headache is gone, my lower back is getting better, and I think my shoulder should be OK in a day or two.  Yes, I’m falling apart!!

Sadly, no Booty Camp for me tonight.  I’m bummed.  That’s two days no exercise…I’m gonna have to plan appropriately for the weekend!!

At dinner time I was on my own again as FH was out on the deck with a work buddy (oh ya, my plans for the deck this afternoon failed…mainly due to work but also due to the deck being too occupied for me and my tube top…LOL).

I apologize to you all for the repetitive nature of my last few salads, but this is what you get one I open a big can of black beans and buy way too many of the same veggies!  I landed up with another variation of the Southwest style salad…but tonight with shrimp!

In the pan: a dob of real butter, 12 frozen jumbo shrimp, cayenne pepper, salt, garlic…and tossed in at the end: black beans, cumin, and a huge squirt of fresh lime.

IMG_3313

In the bowl: romaine, cukes, toms, red onions, and salsa.

IMG_3316

All topped with grated marble cheddar and a dollop of light sour cream.

IMG_3317 IMG_3319

After dinner I decided I’d better get to the grocery store and load up on some more salad fixings.  You’ll be happy to know I’ve bought spinach and yellow pepper and hummus…so things will change a bit in the menu department! 

IMG_3320

For dessert I was totally craving blueberries…so I dumped a big handful into the last of the Liberte Svelt vanilla yogurt and broke up a Nature Valley Nuts & Chocolate granola bar.  Deeeeelish. 

IMG_3321 IMG_3322

OK, I admit, seriously bad post. I’ll do better tomorrow!! 

Oh wait, I have a Fat Jack photo for you.  Turns out he’s super cuddly…don’t tell FH (or Mr Stoopy) he was chillin’ on the couch with me tonight.  :)

IMG_3326

Pin It

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Jack is super cute! :o)

Angela Power said...

I knew the little bugger would win ya over! ;-)

I've been living off of southwest type food lately!

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) said...

Hehe...Jack is so cute!

OldGoogleAccount said...

You and Angie are inspiring me to eat lots of black beans lately. I think it contributed to my loss last week. You're like me, I can eat the same stuff a few days in a row and be very happy. Especially when it's that tasty. :)