Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Winnipeg: St. Vital Park

In order to work up an appetite for the delicious BDI ice cream, we spent our first full day in Winnipeg at St. Vital Park with FH’s little man and his bicycle. 

He doesn’t ride much at home because they live on a short street very close to two incredibly busy thoroughfares so it was a fun day for him (and his Dad!). 

040 039041  057046 

We logged about an hour in the sun (and probably 5k!) walking around the duck pond, trails, and roadways while the little man road his heart out.  Took him a bit of time to get going, but once he did he was off like a shot.  Kept us moving the whole time. :)

049 052 048

I was having a nice day, so I showed the trees some love.  :)  (Mainly I just made FH take this shot as proof that I was there.  50 pictures and none of moi!)

055

After the long ride, we found some shade so the boys could play catch.  FH has been waiting forever to play catch with his little buddy…it was a good time, although it was more like “chase the ball” than “catch the ball”. 

062

I wore myself out taking pictures and cheering them on.  LOL.

Pin It

6 comments:

Lex said...

Looks like it was a great day!

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) said...

I'm loving your vacay pics! You guys made it to Assiniboine Park/Zoo, right?

Jaime said...

Yup..I'm spreading the posts out because one long one would suck. :)

Unknown said...

What a cute little family you guys make!

He's adorable.

Bec said...

awww how much fun did you guys have in that park!

Angela Power said...

I'm loving FH and FSS pics :) He's adorrrrrrrable!