Friday, July 03, 2009

T-Minus 2 Hours

…until we have to be out the door! (at the latest)

I’ve spent my morning getting laundry dried, packing, getting myself ready, working, working, working, and stressing that I’ve forgotten something.  Ack.

Got up an hour early this morning to get a head start and squeak in a last-chance yoga session.  I started out doing the 30 minute Power Yoga #3, but quickly realized I’m pretty stiff from Booty Camp last night so switched to just some easy stretches and spinal twists.  Felt good.  I need to make sure I don’t totally abandon my practice for the next 10 days!

Since I am cleaning out the fridge anyway, a Green Monster seemed the way to go.  Went with the basics (for anyone that has asked…a Green Monster is basically any smoothie with spinach or kale in it…some are really strong and veggie tasting and others, like mine, are more of the beginner version that taste creamy and smooth).

1/2 banana, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 2 heaping tsp flax meal, 1 tbsp almond butter, 1/2 cup light vanilla soy milk, 1/4 cup water, 3 cups baby spinach.  Deeeeelish.

005 006

Around noon I got hungry so made a small lunch.  The last of the ciabatta bread with light cream cheese, yellow pepper, carrots, and cukes.  Extra cukes on the side.

016

And a dish of fresh pineapple spears (I had to freeze the rest).

019

Right now I’m munching my last On the Glo granola barFor those of you that asked for the recipe, I’ve sent them out.  Sharper and Rachel:  you didn’t give me your email addies.  Email me at embracingbalance@gmail.ca and I’ll send it off to you.

020

So now I still need to finish packing, tidy up, clean the litter box, take the garbages out, finish work, and take care of some blog business.  Holy moly.  I’d better get moving.  Hopefully the next time you hear from me I’ll be in Winnipeg regaling you with adventures and fun new experiences.

I’ve programmed 12 guest posts to go up while I’m away.  Cross your fingers that Windows Live Writer cooperates!!

signature

Pin It

4 comments:

Amber said...

Have a fabulous time away!!

I'm curious about the yoga you do, do you use DVD's or do it online?? I NEED/want to do more yoga to balance out my strength training and running but I only have two yoga dvd's and I'm already super bored of them! I'd love a new, *free* if possible, way to get new yoga workouts!!!

Anne said...

Nice blog :)

You can freeze pineapple?! In a ziploc?

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip Jaime!!

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) said...

Hope we can get together while you're here! Looking forward to the guest posts.