Friday, July 31, 2009

Noodles from the Dark Side

Yup, so I got my Blackberry!  Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!  The next few days are going to be all about setting it up and figuring it out and BB texting til my heart’s content.  I’m so excited!  What a dork.  (and all this from the girl who just mere months ago said she’d never need a Crackberry)  I think my little BB and I are going to be very happy together. :)

Did I mention it’s blue?  *giggles and claps*

023

Since I was heading out after work to Dartmouth (locally referred to as the Dark Side…since it’s over the damn bridge) I decided to just get dinner while I was out.

Around 4:30 I grabbed a sweet treat to tide me over.  These Nature Valley Dark Chocolate Nut bars are growing on me.  Yummy.

012

I threw a couple of clementines into my purse on my way out, but honestly those little buggers are too hard to peel while driving.  That will learn me for next time.  I didn’t end up eating them because I got to my dinner destination quicker than I expected.

013

Thankfully retrieving my Blackberry from the courier depot was a breeze.  I found the place easily (thank you Google maps!) in the giant industrial park and was in and out in about 5 minutes.  I was worried because the poor guy in front of me had been there 45 minutes and they couldn’t find his package.  Yikes.

Once I had it in my hot little hand I found my way out of the industrial area and over to Dartmouth Crossing shopping district and stopped into Wok Box – fresh asian kitchen.  Miss Lex raves about this place and I was finally in the area at dinner time so I decided to stop in.

016

There were a lot of customers so no interior photos…but it was a nice place for a take-out joint.  It is pretty much a brand new place so the decor is fresh and modern…slightly Asian, but mostly dark woods, bar height tables, and a few cozy booths.  I’d definitely do eat-in if I was in the area and had some time for a quick meal.  Tonight I did take-out.

I had a little trouble choosing because the posted menu didn’t describe any of the food items.  I realized after I ordered that the take-out menus have full descriptions so I will be better prepared next time.  For this go I went with their Pad Thai with shrimp (each option comes with choice of shrimp, chicken, beef, pork or tofu).

018

Honestly, I will say I was disappointed.  I expected more veggies and definitely more shrimp for my $11 box of noodles!  The sauce was almost non-existent and it was pretty heavy on the lime and light on flavor.  Nearer to the end I found a bit more spice (not that spice constitutes flavor) but I wished it had been a more peanuty type Pad Thai.  I still ate all of it – minus the green peppers and I still want to go back and try something else now that I have proper descriptions.  I think Singapore Cashew or Jungle Curry are more my speed.

019 021

After I picked up my dinner I headed over to a friend’s place.  FH was busy jamming with his buddy from next door so I decided to make myself scarce and invited myself out.  They were watching movies with their daughter so I showed up with treats.  Junior Mints, Mike n Ikes, and Smarties.  :)  I may have eaten more than my fair share of the Mints…I couldn’t help myself!

022

Pin It

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you finally got your BB, what a pain that was but at least your're all geared to go!

Thanks for the review on WokBox too. Going to have to try it soon.

Amy said...

OOoh la la... you've joined the BB cult. Now we just need Cat to get one for our next get together, so we can all BB at the same time!

To be honest, I have no idea how to use all the features... and I actually hate it for a phone. :(

Julie said...

We are the same way... I said I would never join the crackberry phenom, but I am so addicted it's not funny.
We got the same model just different colour. It's been 2 weeks and I am still in love. I just wish I could figure out more stuff.

Amber said...

YAY for your blackberry finally getting there! You're gonna LOVE it!!!

Lady J said...

If you girls w/the BB's can find a time when your provider isn't busy they will take the time to walk you through all the features you're interested in using. Just go to one of their stores/kiosks... Rogers is great for that kind of stuff and I'm guessing the others would be too!