Wednesday, July 01, 2009

No Holiday for Me

Today I’m an American.  By that I mean that I am getting the 4th of July as my holiday instead of today for Canada Day.  The company I work for is US based and 99% of our clients are American so it just makes more sense for me to take US holidays.  Only drag is the US has far fewer stat holidays that we do! 

I’m off all next week anyway though, so it’s all good!

I was up crazy late talking to my Mom on the phone last night (hi Mom!) so ended up snoozing a bit extra this morning…maybe 9:30 or so when I finally dragged myself into my office.  It’s dreary outside (still!) so I decided today was an oatmeal kind of day.

In the pot:  1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze, 1/3 cup water, 1/3 cup oats, 1/2 banana, 2 heaping tsp ground flax, cinnamon.

025 

On top:  hulled hemp seeds, Cinnamon Raisin Swirl PB, mini chocolate chips

027

Deeeelish.

Early afternoon I wandered downstairs to see what I could whip together for lunch.  I’m on a clean out the fridge mission again because of our upcoming holidays.  I found: ciabatta bread, bacon, veggies, mass quantities of cheese!

I turned this into an open faced BCST (bacon, cheese, spinach, and tomato) sammich.

028

Cooked up some bacon, drained off the grease, quickly wilted the spinach in the hot pan.  Put the spinach on the bread, topped with shredded mozza and bubbled it under the broiler.  Topped with the bacon and some sliced tomatoes.  Holy freaking yummy!

Some baby carrots and cuke slices on the side.  Man, was I full.

029 030

That didn’t stop me from raiding the last of the cherries and chowing down on a Kashi bar later in the day.  I needed the sugar buzz!  Lack of coffee + dismal weather = afternoon doldrums

031

For dinner I was doing more perishable use-up and decided to make a stir-fry.  Chicken tenders, mushrooms, yellow peppers, garlic, broccoli, green onions and the sauce from Chop Suey in ESBM. Served over long grain & wild rice with extra soy sauce.

033

After I dished up FH’s portion I added fresh pineapple chunks to the pan and heated through for my portion.  Topped my plate with a sprinkle of sesame seeds too. Today was a tasty food day!!

034 035 036 

Now I’m enjoying some cute little animal crackers while I type, then I have to do my hair as we are heading out for some mini golf.  Indoor glow in the dark mini golf, apparently!! 

037

Pin It

7 comments:

Lady J said...

I wish we could get those fancy PB's that you seem to be able to get there. I keep looking but no luck!! =( You're porridge always looks so yummie and I don't really like porridge... xoxo

ElleBee said...

Supper looked awesome!!!

Have fun with at minigolf! :)

Lex said...

Wow, everything looks great!! I am about to have to start doing a fridge/cupboard cleanup soon... i can only hope I am as creative as you with whatever I make! haha

cya tomorrow lady!

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

That sammie was amazing! I want that now!

Bec said...

thats too bad you dont get the day off, hope mini golf was amazingly fun!

Kelly said...

Yum! All your food looks delicious! It always looks really yummy, actually! :D

Angela Power said...

i had oatmeal for breakfast yesterday too! it seems like a popular theme yesterday.