Tuesday, June 30, 2009

True Blood

I was out like a light about 20 minutes after crawling into bed last night.  Must have needed it!  Good thing too because I was up early to drive FH to work and to hit the blood collection clinic to finally get my blood work processed.  Geeeeze, that only took me what?  3 effing weeks!

(I only recently found out that there are pay clinics to get this stuff done here.  I thought I had to go to the public free clinics with the other 150 people at 7am!)

So ya, in and out in under 15 minutes for $12.  Nice.  Let’s hope the results come back with something interesting about what’s wrong with me.

Treated myself to a Starbucks trip.  I know, I know…coffee during the week!  We all knew that wouldn’t last.  I’m still trying though!  But for today, I ‘needed’ a double tall vanilla non-fat latte.  Honest, I ‘neeeeeeeeded’ it!

004

The benefit to the early rise was the extra hour at my desk it afforded me.  I got to work pre-posting my guest posts (keep them coming!!!  embracingbalance@gmail.com) so now I’m ahead of that game.  Also got some work done early, which is nice since it’s month end and I’m trying work a bit ahead to prepare for being off next week.

Around 10am my latte wore off and it was time for breakfast.  Green Monster!  It was a thick one today!

006

In today’s blend:  1/2 banana, 4 frozen strawberries, 1 tbsp almond butter, 2 heaping teaspoons ground flax, 3 cups baby spinach, 2/3 cup light vanilla soy milk

007

Deeeeelish.

Around noon I had an On the Glo granola bar to hold me over.  (I noticed Angela has pulled the recipe down, but I’ve got it if anyone needs it.  I won’t post it because she’s pulled it for her reasons, but I will share if wanted.)

010

For lunch I was cleaning up some perishables and leftovers.  Quickie guacamole (avocado mashed with lime, cumin & salt) stirred with black beans, on whole wheat mini tortillas, topped with salsa.  One with deli turkey, one with light cheddar.  Served with cukes on the side.

012 013 014

And since I’m a hungry, hungry hippo today I finally cut up the big, beautiful $2 pineapple I picked up on the weekend.  Yum Yum!! 

015 016

Served myself a dish with some Coconut Crack Liberte yogurt and fresh blueberries. 

017

Now I’m downing some water in preparation for Round 3 of Booty Camp tonight.  Are you ready ladies??  I wonder what new and fabulous exercise she’ll throw at us tonight.  (at least we are rewarding ourselves with a sushi dinner afterwards…)

Pin It

8 comments:

RachRizz said...

Hi there! I'm new to your blog but am enjoying reading it! I have to ask a favor...would you mind emailing the On the Glo bar recipe to me? I have been reading Angela's blog for a few months now and finally got the last few ingredients needed to make the bars and then came her post about needing to remove the recipe (which is totally understandable). Anyway, thanks so much and keep up the motivating blog! :)

Stephanie said...

The On the Glo Granola bar recipe is gone?!! NOOOOO!!!! *girlly scream*
I just bookmarked that post a few days ago because I was going to head to the hippie grocery store on Wednesday (their sale day) and get the ingredients to make them!
Wahhhh!!! Could you email the recipe to me? I've been dying to make them.

Also, i don't get the deal with everyone making the Green Monsters. I look at everyone's and they all have way different recipes. So what's the original Green Monster? Is it just anything with spinach in a blender makes the Green Monster? I just don't get it. I haven't tried it yet because there are too many variations and it confuses me. :(

Amy said...

Jaime my sweet, I am now addicted to True Blood.

Andrew dowloaded the season a while ago, but I kinda turned my nose up at the idea of it.

Day time TV has been less the stellar during my couple of days off... so I decided to try it out. OH MY GOD. SOOOO GOOD! I'm only on episode 4 of the first season, but frig, its SOOOO good!

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) said...

Hope you can get some answers!

~ The Zwicker's said...

Hey, hey! I recently stumbled across your blog and I was so surprised to see you're from Halifax! (or you seem to be at least with your recent Onyx post) I'm from Sackville, and new to the food blog world, but quickly falling in love! :) I was thinking of purchasing some of Angela's On the Glow bars the other day but thought they'd be pretty easy to make... though not so much without a recipe. Would you mind helping a girl out and sending it to me? Also, since we're neighbors, where do you find is the best place to shop for your healthy foods?

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

I'm joining in by also asking nicely for the recipe. Pretty please?
das.schus@sbcglobal.net
Thanks so much. I was going to make them. I should have printed it out when I had the chance. Ugh.

Marie said...

I'm looking for the Glo Bar recipe as well. Would you mind emailing it? Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Jaime said...

Marie:

1) you didn't leave me your email address...

2) Angela asked me to stop giving the recipe out because she is using it for her business now.

3) I do have another recipe that is similar if you'd like to give it a try:

http://bi0nic-eating-habits.blogspot.com/2009/07/recipe-sticky-fruit-seed-granola-bars.html

Cheers, Jaime :)