Thursday, June 04, 2009

Relay Prep

My afternoon snack:

IMG_0974

My second afternoon snack (I don`t think I really like these…):

IMG_0975

This afternoon was spent getting organized for tomorrow`s big night of Relaying…

- groceries for sammiches for team

- Bulk Barn for midnight treats for team

- make Trail Mix Oatmeal Bars for team

- laundry

- lay out camping gear (chair, lantern, sleeping bag, small pillow, tent)

- make sammiches ---  tomorrow

- pack overnight bag --- tomorrow

(extra pants, shirt, socks, shoes, sweater, hairbrush, towel, face wash, toothbrush, toothpaste, water bottle, travel cup, umbrella, gloves, flashlight, bug spray…)

Sorry…I guess this just became my packing list!

FH had a big lunch and didn`t care if I made anything for dinner, so after I went to the grocery store I just made myself a sammich and salad.

Tuna sammich with baby spinach on sunflower flax bread:

IMG_0981

 IMG_0980 

Served with a simple tomato & basil salad, dressed with just olive oil, fresh ground pepper, and fresh ground sea salt.  Fresh & delicious.

IMG_0977

Then I baked up a batch of Tina`s Oatmeal Bars but made an extreme version which I`m calling Trail Mix Oatmeal Bars.  Loaded them up with raisins, mini choco chips, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, hulled hemp seeds, and coconut. 

IMG_0983 IMG_0985 IMG_0987  Chewy and moist.  Yummmmm!

I just HAD to try one for my evening snack…crumbled up with sliced strawberries and light coconut milk (I won`t do that with the coconut milk again…it`s not very tasty on it`s own).

IMG_0988

And now off to bed for a good night`s sleep since I`m going to be up for 24 hours tomorrow!  (the donations are still coming in…weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!)

Pin It

4 comments:

Angela Power said...

Hahaha that's hilarious about the larabar! lol Lynn and I have done that many times. It's crazy who "in tune" our brains are!

I am disappointed I'm missing the Relay with you guys this year, and especially those trail mix bars! They look friggin awesome!!!

HAVE AN AWESOME TIME AND BE PROUD OF THE MONEY YOU'VE RAISED FOR A GREAT CAUSE!!! KEEP THE DONATIONS COMING PEOPLE!!!!

K-Pow said...

GOOD LUCK!!

I have done the Relay for Life for 4 years now and it is one of my most favorite things to do.

Unfortunately this year I'm not on a team but am going to show support and to see the opening ceromonies tonight with a friend!

YOU ROCK!!!!

eurydice said...

good luck - i'll be thinking of you!

ElleBee said...

Jaime - did you measure out the extra ingrediants you added to the trail mix bars? I'm going to make a batch of those today from the Carrots N Cake recipe and wanted to put all the stuff you did as well! J loved them which doesn't happen often when there's all that healthy stuff ;)