Monday, April 20, 2009

Intuitive Without Even Trying (well, sorta)

I don't regularly weigh-in anymore. I don't really count points or calories anymore either. Not on purpose, it just sort of happened. With all of the working out I've been doing over the last few months, and the generally healthier choices and knowlegable grasp on portion control things just have a way of balancing themselves out. Well I just sat down with my coffee and while I was checking my email there was a newsletter from Weight Watchers. I don't really read those anymore, but it did remind me that I haven't stepped on the scale in a while...and since I haven't eaten yet and only had two sips of coffee I decided to check it out.

Wouldn't you know it ----- ALL TIME LOW! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaa!

What a fantastic feeling to know that what I'm doing is truly working. Just living life and paying attention without obsessing or denying myself anything I truly want, balanced with a regular level of activity and my body is cooperating! Healthy living is apparently agreeing with me.

Truth be told, I wouldn't want to weight any less than this. It's only .4 lbs lower than my goal weight, and about 2.4 lbs lower than my "happy" weight...the place my body seems to like to hang out...but it's on the border of too low. I'll be watching to make sure it doesn't drop further...but first I will enjoy this MOMENTOUS OCCASION! Pin It

8 comments:

JavaChick said...

Oh how I wish my body liked to hang out on the border of too low...

Congrats to you though! Sounds like you've found your groove. :)

ElleBee said...

That's wonderful!!! How great does that feel :)

Heather said...

Awesome!

eurydice said...

Congratulations! I need to find that balance.

Angela Power said...

Well ya know what? I meant to tell you on Saturday that you look REALLY GOOD! You looked so slim, trim and healthy! It certainly does agree with you girlfriend! I've been trying to get to that place and I've learned that there's no way to get there without making exercise a commitment 100% and I've struggled with that for a long time, but I had SOOOO much fun getting in tons of calories burned on Saturday, it has invigorated me 10000% to GET OUTSIDE!! If exercise truly is incorporated on most days, then counting really isn't AS important when you have a handle on portion control! You rock!

tash said...

Yay!

Lady J said...

I'm proud of you daughter....

Love you xoxo

Sarah said...

Wow. That is totally amazing. Congratulations!!!!