Friday, April 17, 2009

21!!

Can you guess what that's all about?

21?

That's right!! 21 minutes straight running on the treadmill today!!! Woooooohoooooo. (yes, I'm a dork...but I'm just proud!)

So after lunch I did a bunch of work. For some reason Fridays are the best days for me to work on receivables (ie: email and phone people that are overdue!) so I got that out of the way, then continued to work on finishing the laundry, making the spare bed, making my bed, putting towels away, etc. I had a little snacky of a bit of spinach dip that I saved from last night, with three flatbread crackers I found hiding in the cupboard.

Got some more work done, got some eggs on to boil, moved the snow tires out of my car into the garage (got them switched off the car the other day....another move to tell Mother Nature Winter is over!), organized some recycling, ate a cookie....

Managed to actually get out the door by about 5:45. Picked up a couple of things to complete my lunch for tomorrow's hike to Cape Split with the local blogger girls (weeeeeeeeeeee!), including a stop at Bulk Barn where I did NOT buy anything I didn't set foot in there for. Nice. Realized there was no way I was going to make it through a hard workout without something more in my tummy though so I broke out an emergency Clif Bar and ate half on my way to the gym.

Treadmill: 2 minute warm up, 21 minute RUN, 2 minute cooldown. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Upper body:
- 3 sets of 12 tricep pulldowns (15 lbs), 3 sets of 12 bicep curls (25 lbs), 3 sets of 6 shoulder press (25 lbs)
- 3 sets of 5 assisted pushups (it doesn't matter how much I work out, I still suck at pushups)
- 3 sets of different crunches
- front and both side planks
- lots of stretching so I'm not too stiff on the hike tomorrow

When I got home I promptly put all of my gym gear in the wash along with a few other things I want for tomorrow, then I made the egg salad for my lunch, then showered, then ate dinner. Just a salad with the extra boiled egg. I wasn't super hungry because I ended up finishing that Clif Bar after the gym, but I didn't think it was a good idea to skip over dinner completely.

Prepped my pack and bag for tomorrow. Dried my hair so I don't have to try to style it at 6am. Watched Cupid off the PRV (I love that show, I hope it gets picked up!). Trimmed my nails. And now sitting here far too late getting all caught up.

Up at 6am tomorrow to be out the door before 7am. Can't wait to hike with all of the fabulous Halifax blog girls and some new friends!! 10 girls hiking a muddy trail. Stay tuned for pictures!
Pin It

No comments: