Monday, February 09, 2009

Off Plan

Ugh. This weekend was an all-out disaster. For no good reason.

Friday started out pretty well. I knew I was going drinking with some friends so I made sure to watch what I ate all day and had a good carby dinner to help suck up the drinks. The drinking itself wasn't my usual clean & low-point vodka/sodas though...there were ciders, beers, shooters....too much. I did however avoid the 3am pizza stop. In fact, I just came home and went to bed like a good girl.

Saturday was hangover day. Stupid shooters. So the food started out just fine because mostly I wasn't feeling too hungry. When I did eat it was a carefully planned egg salad bagel and juice. Later I started to crave the ultimate hangover meal from McD's but even then I talked myself into the chicken nuggets and fries in my freezer instead. Still within my daily points. Later though I got into the snacks and it all went to hell from there. Mostly I just felt super guilty about missing my big Saturday workout. I had been looking forward to really focusing on some strength training and working on my running again, but I didn't do a damn thing. I blame the shooters.

Sunday I woke up with the best intentions. Warm yoga day! So I was careful with my early eating, choosing to take in lots of water, yogurt, and a bagel-sandwich to tide me through the early afternoon. Of course, then I went out to run errands which ended up taking much longer than planned and I didn't make it back in time to get to yoga. Booooo. Also, I decided to make that cabbage casserole, which took over 2 hours to cook so dinner was crazy late and the snackfest that ensued while I waited was ridiculously over the top. I had stopped at Bulk Barn for barley and ended up leaving with a few other things, including stupid Valentine's jujubes...that store is a hazard.

All in all a bad, guilt ridden weekend for me. Up 2.6 pounds this morning. Serves me right.

I just can't seem to get this whole plan thing to stick. No matter what the current plan happens to be. I never used to go nuts on weekends unless there was something specific on the agenda...and then for the most part I was planning for it. I rarely missed weekend activity plans unless FH was home and we had something on the go. What a slump I'm in!!

Anyway, on the upside I got lots of fresh groceries this weekend and the cabbage casserole turned out pretty good. Next time it would need more seasoning and less barley, but otherwise all good....and it made about 10 portions so I have lots to freeze. This week I have a lot of choices from the freezer for dinner...all of which can be paired with fresh salads and veggies.

Today's plan...

Gym: after work...45 minutes cardio, crunches, bum exercises, arm strength

Menu:

- coffeeeeeee
- 100 cal cottage cheese cup (pineapple) with 1/2 banana
- leftover beef stew
- baby carrots & homemade onion dip
- 1/2 banana bread Larabar before gym
- cabbage casserole, tossed salad with "goddess dressing"
- kiwi with Liberte Svelt vanilla yogurt
- tea (I finally found the Stash decaf vanilla nut!)

(approx 22 points) Pin It

4 comments:

♥ Dee ♥ said...

Hmmm, what is Goddess Dressing?

Share!

eurydice said...

weekends can be so hard - i feel like i'm slipping as well... what can we do?

Jen said...

A couple of days of hard work and you will be back to normal!!!

I want to know what goddess dressing is too!!!!

Lex said...

Ok, the bulk barn IS a hazard. I avoided it for so long, but when Christmas came I had to go in for a few things. My weakness is candy and omg I really have to have a LOT of willpower before going in there...
I need some cake decorating supplies so I will have to venture in again, but i am worried about it!

That cabbage casserole sounds delish! I am catching up on blogs so if you posted the recipe I will be sure to find it and try it out!