Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Insomnia

I was so exhausted yesterday that I had a little powernap during my usual lunchtime. Felt good, but apparently it wasn't enough because I ended up dozing off while watching TV last night too. Not for too long so I figured it was no big deal...we ended up heading to bed around 10:30 so I read until 11:15 and then aimed to fall asleep. Ya right. Last time I looked at the clock it was 2:40! I actually ended up getting up and going into the spare room to see if it would help...not sure if it did or if I finally just fell asleep due to exhaustion, but either way I finally slept. Then of course because I didn't have an alarm in there I slept in.

Sooooo...now with me already having a huge pile of work to catch up on coupled with the fact that Wednesdays are crazy busy due to a weekly conference call I have no time for my Shred DVD. Not happy about this! And by the time I finish work, FH will be home and there's no way I'm clomping around the living room while he's here. Booo. I can't even sub in an extra trip to the gym because I have book club tonight. Drat.

Edit: haha, you girls are so funny in your comments! Thanks for the tough love, but you know what? I didn't need it. I opted to put off some work (I'm already so far behind, what's another 1/2 hour) and squeezed in the DVD before my conference call. Of course, then I was lightheaded because I hadn't eaten enough, but I did it! So there. ;)

Oh, but I still won't work out when FH is home. Our living room is barely big enough for the actual workout and the jumping jacks shake the house. LOL.

Today's menu:

- late breakfast of ww toast with natural PB & homemade jam, 1/2 banana
- coffee x2 with splooooshes of eggnog
- ww tortilla with leftover deli roast chicken, veggies, honey mustard & light mayo
- carrots & hummus
- quick dinner of soup & grilled sammiches (deli turkey, light cheese slice, tomatoes)
- snack at book club (I'm planning to make mini-scones)

(approx 24 points) Pin It

9 comments:

Lex said...

Ugh - I have been having the same problem with the lack of sleep. :(

It's certainly made for a very long week! Gah!

Angela Power said...

"FH" awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! ;-)

Damn jet lag, it must be! Am I the only one who feels like I HAVE to have a snack after a nap?

Jen said...

Okay, you may not want to hear this, but I am going to interject with a little tough love here...

Are you SURE you can't work in a 20 min workout??? (well, I think it's more like 22 or something like that)...but still, it's ONLY 22 minutes, you COULD workout while you are making dinner or something...AND he put a ring on your finger...he is promising to love and cherish you despite any silly workouts he witnesses!!!

Just saying, you won't regret DOING the workout but you could regret NOT doing it!!

Anyhoo, on that note, I am SUPER tired lately too!!! ALLLLLLL i want to do is sleep!!

*smooches* love ya!

Carolyn said...

Drat! What a word, you're so cute!

I'm gonna go with Jenn on this one as much as I hate to. It's only 22 minutes. AND the best part? I bet it will help you sleep much better too!

JavaChick said...

Hope you sleep better tonight and have a great day tomorrow!

eurydice said...

i'm so with you on the not working out (at home) in front of people.... it's just too awk.

Roxy said...

I heart naps ;)

farm girl. said...

yea, been married for three years - i'm still not so keen on big j seeing me with the DVD's going (not that in happens that often, but still...)
i think it's the twinkle in his eye and humor at my awkwardness that deters me.

and i triple heart naps.

ElleBee said...

Just wanted to give you the heads up that the new season of Nip Tuck started... I watched the season premiere last night and it was pretty good!! ;) Ignore me if you already watched, lol!