Friday, January 30, 2009

Full

OMG, did we eat a lot last night or what?! Geeeze. First off, I had a glass of wine because my dinner companions were late and I needed to have a drink in my hand so as to not feel obvious just sitting there by myself for almost half an hour. Then they arrived and I ordered a second glass when they ordered their drinks. We decided on sharing a mezza (tapas) platter plus a few extra dishes. It was a lot of food. Most of it healthy (I love fatouche salad!) but of course fairly carb heavy with the pitas and chickpeas and fava beans, etc. This place makes the best freaking hummus though....I dipped almost everything in it. The desserts are to die for too...so we opted to order two between the three of us....I had two bites of the world's moistest carrot cake and about 1/4 of the hugeass piece of chocolate layer cake. I'm still full.

We didn't make it to the movie, but I still want to see it.

Today I'm trying to get work done this morning because I have to take my car in for it's mandatory inspection this afternoon. Stupid Nova Scotia sticker needed on the window. I need to figure out how I can push the annual renewal to April so I can just get it done with my usual oil change and winter tire removal, instead of having a special trip for February. It's just such a time sucker going there....things that are scheduled for an hour always end up taking way longer.

Anyway, I'll probably kill that time with some magazines and tea at Timmy's. The goal for today will be to avoid the Tim's cookies. It's so hard!!

No big plans tonight and I'm fine with that. Maybe I'll actually get a workout in...lord knows I need to loosen up after all that shoveling and ice smashing yesterday. My body is not impressed with me right now. I'm already looking forward to warm yoga on Sunday! Girls, we are going right??

Haven't put much thought into today's menu....so here it is on the fly...

- coffeeeeeeeeee
- water (I'm extra thirsty after all that food last night)
- Organic Daybreak cereal with unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
- grapes
- tea and I'll bring my own Fibre Source granola bar
- late lunch of celery, baby carrots, crackers & hummus
- leftover shrimp & scallop cake served with sauteed red chard and easy homemade tartar sauce
- Source ff lemon yogurt with fresh blackberries
- maybe more grapes or something if still snacky

(approx 22 points....if I do get to work out I'll add in another protein filled snack) Pin It

6 comments:

ElleBee said...

Funny, I was just going to send a FB msg asking if there was yoga class planned b/c I am in major need of some relaxing "me" time! I'm IN. It's the 330 one right?

I hate the annual inspections too, just another way to hand over my hard earned $$$.

♥ Dee ♥ said...

I'm thinking the only way to get it to April if it's a yearly thing is to get it done again in April. But how much would THAT cost?? Would it be worth it in the long run?

eurydice said...

mmm dinner sounds amazing!

Rebecca said...

I eat organic and I love the sound of your cereal!

Cat said...

I want to see Slumdog so badly too! I need to see all of the Oscar nom's before the actual oscars!!

I hate snow and ice now....I'm sorry you're having to deal with that crap!!

Hope you're well Jaime, sorry I haven't been around as much! I miss you!

Angela Power said...

*sigh* i hate when those inspections turn into some major $$ :-(

I wish that appointment we have wasn't for 3 friggin o'clock! That said, I think I mucked up my left quad :-(