Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Early

Get this... I dragged my butt outta bed at 6:45 and I didn't even have to drive FH to work today! I had already planned my week assuming I would be driving him in today and didn't want to throw off the schedule already so up I got. Thankfully he warmed up my car for me before he took off. :)

So today was the first of three cardio/strength days for the week. I did my cardio on the good elliptical today...20 minutes of resistance intervals. Then I did about 20 minutes of upper body strength...chest press, pulldowns, tricep pulldowns, & pushups (I still need to sit down with all of my magazines and design a few different workouts...I was a bit muddled today). I also included 3 sets of different crunches and 5 minutes on the Stairmaster. Just under an hour...perfect. Thursday I will do lower body, and Saturday I'll combine these for a full body workout.

Yesterday went exactly as planned. I did do the Shred DVD at lunch. I'm missing the handweights needed, but I'll pick those up this weekend (Canadian Tire had them for 99 cents!). I was able to do most of the video without them anyway...the only exercise that didn't really do anything without the weights was the chest flies, but I'll survive. It was the perfect length and I was totally sweating at the end. I think it is going to be the perfect at-home workout!

My meal plan was almost perfect yesterday too. The only change I made was to leave the chick peas out of my salad, but that left me the points for a granola bar before dinner. I was starving and dinner was going to be late. I also crusted our pork chops with some parmesan...maybe an extra point but totally yummy! My big NSV was that while watching TV last night I didn't feel snacky or crave a treat at all. In fact, I only ate my apple & PB because my tummy actually started to grumble about an hour before bed....which it has been doing a lot due to all of the extra water I'm finally drinking!

Today's menu:

- 1/2 cup coffee, 1/2 banana pre-gym
- Red River hot cereal with 1/2 chopped banana, added flax meal, smidge of brown sugar & spoonful of natural PB
- coffee with sploosh of eggnog
- ff vanilla yogurt with fresh strawberries & blueberries
- ww tortilla with leftover deli roast chicken, veggies, honey mustard
- carrots & hummus
- grilled chicken & mushrooms, steamed cauliflower, leftover risotto
- apple & natural PB

(approx 25 points) Pin It

7 comments:

Jen said...

Holy girl!! That is EARLY!!!

I did the Shred DVD last night and I agree, I was sweating like NOBODY's business!!! DEFINTELY a good at home workout seeing as I can definitely improve on level 1 ALONE!!

Sara said...

That is totally awesome - sounds like you are definitely back at it 100%!!

Cat said...

Sounds like you had a pretty perfect day! Great job.

I want that DVD now...what size dumbells do I need?

Marissa said...

Way to get to the gym early even if you didn't "have" to!!!

And congrats on the engagement!!

Angela Power said...

Way to go YOU!!!!! That's friggin excellent!

Vanessa said...

Yay! Good job lady!

Anonymous said...

hehe. yes i am. I am so happy for you and your man. congrats on your engagement. :)