Monday, November 24, 2008

Weekend Cooking

Who needs the gym when you have snow to shovel?! Yes siree, I'm stiff. Probably not the good kind of stiff...like the kind you get from a good workout...but more the bad kind you get from bending and lifting inappropriately. Either way, it's a workout!!

I'm not going to go over what I ate this weekend, because it was truly too much. I forgot to weigh-in this morning so I don't know what damage I may have done...so for now I'm not going to worry about it.

The good part about a snowy weekend is that I had time to do some cooking. I had finally gotten close to the end of the frozen meals I had been working my way through for the last little while and it was time for some more stocking up. Thankfully I had thought of this before the big snow came so I had all the ingredients on hand. I made a batch of Smackeroni & Cheese (from Eat Shrink & Be Merry), some beef stew (cooked all day in my crock pot), and a batch of those Chicken & Bean Rollups that came out of a recipe book from DBF's nutrionist. That should keep me going for a while! I also boiled off some eggs for lunches this week and tonight I'm hoping to find time to put together a batch of zucchini & chocolate bran muffins too. Yum-o.

I'd like to head to the gym for some cardio and good stretching tonight too (stretching is so much easier and better when you are all warmed up from a workout)...so hopefully time allows. Other than that, I got nothin.

Today's eats...trying to be more mindful of what I'm shoving in my yap:

- coffee (I've been enjoying a bit of cream lately instead of skim milk and loving it!)
- whole wheat roll with egg salad
- small serving leftover beef stew (made too big a serving for last night's dinner)
- grapes
- tea & Leclerc granola bar
- Smackeroni & mixed green salad
- muffin if I make them...otherwise probably hot chocolate Pin It

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh I have Eat, Shrink and Be Merry too! There are some really good recipes in there! Last week we had the Chop Suey in there, it was awesome!

Angela Power said...

I friggin love the Smackaroni recipe and I have GOT to make another batch. I found that if you double, even triple the zucchini in it, you can really bulk it up without even noticing or adding many extra calories! That was the moment I realized I loved zucchini!

JavaChick said...

I don't think I have ever tried the Smakaroni recipe...must check that out.

Cream is a must for coffee. I tried switching to milk, but it made me so unhappy, so I stick to 10% cream.