Thursday, November 27, 2008

Menu Motivation

I have to thank Angie for my current menu motivation. I just read her blog from yesterday and realized that she and I are the same number of daily Weight Watchers points but she is doing a considerably better job of using her points properly. Admittedly because I'm within my comfortable maintenance range I do estimate a lot and I'm OK with that because I'm usually pretty strict with my estimations and when I do it and I stick to it I still lose when I want to. However, lately I've been super slack on counting at all...and the biggest thing I realized is that although my menus look good when I write them out, I've gotten into the bad habit of substituting crap where my fruits and healthy snacks should be.

"ooooooh, I want some licorice so I just won't eat my apple and it will be OK!"

Not good.

So the goal for this weekend is to stick to my menu plans and to actually eat the fruits and veggies I plan. There's a box of Bridge Mix in my pantry, and I'm determined that it will still be there on Sunday night. That's my goal, and now it's in writing so I have to do it, right?

On to more fun things....

- Egg Nog has arrived in my house. Light Egg Nog...intended only for use in my morning coffee. It's only 80 cals for 1/2 cup, so the sploosh in my mug can't possibly be more than 10 cals (which is less than the 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar and splash of milk I usually use). I'm all good because I prefer it this way and don't generally like to just swig back a glass of the stuff anyway. This is my new treat instead of candy.

- It's time to break in the Griddler! Panini for lunch today. I went out last night and bought up some super yummy ingredients for some toasty grilled sammiches....PC Potato Scallion Miche bread, extra lean turkey breast, brie, spinach & tomatoes. I will squirt a little grainy mustard in there and I am betting it will be tasty beyond belief. :)

Today's menu:

- coffee with sploosh of egg nog (x2) = 1 point
- zucchini chocolate bran muffin = 2 points
- hard boiled egg to tide me over until late lunch = 2 points
- yummy panini! = 8 points
- maple BBQ salmon filet, spinach salad with mushrooms and olive oil dressing (yes I ended up buying a bigass bag of spinach even after I said I wasn't buying anymore salad!) = 7 points
- grapes = 1 point

This comes out to an estimated 21 points and I think I'll leave it at that because I'm sure I buggered up on either the panini or the salmon. Pin It

7 comments:

ElleBee said...

I've never had eggnog in coffee - will have to try this. And that sandwich sounds awesome, want some company for lunch, lol!!

Jaime said...

Lynn, one of my favorite winter drinks at SBux is a "coffee misto with egg nog"....that is a cup of coffee (Christmas Blend when they have it!) filled about 2/3-3/4full...then filled with steamed egg nog. So yummy and only a point for the egg nog.

Espressomama said...

Mmmm coffe-nog. Yum.

Jen said...

Oh you little panini tease!!! Turkey and Brie is MY FAVORITE panini!!! ANd then next would be Brie and Red Pepper Jelly! YUM!!!

Where did you find this light eggnog??? I looked at the blue menu stuff but then I decided no because it wasn't THAT far off the regular stuff...so I bought the regular...I am the only one who drinks it (but I plan on making egg nog lattes!!!)

Vanessa said...

I love eggnog in my coffee!

Angela Power said...

OMG I wanna sploosh of egg nog in my coffee too! That sounds so yum!!! Maybe I'll try that "coffee misto with egg nog" on Saturday!

I've had dreams of making paninis for ages! I stopped by the Paderno blow out sale that Halifax Forum yesterday and scored myself a griddler/grill pan and I think it might work if I press down with a frying pan or something. YUM!

Menu sounds great today! We gotta get our fruits and veggies in now before the "real" xmas treat invastion hits and we're left in the dust! :-)

eurydice said...

yum... coffee egg nog... can you taste the nog?