Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Warm in my tummy

This morning I'm back to my Red River cereal with mushed banana and PB. The yogurt concoction from yesterday did end up keeping me full for a good long time, but it's chilly this week and I wanted something warm. I found the pumpkin a bit bitter too so I'll really have to be in the mood for it I think.

Yesterday was a good day. My friend never called to go for that walk...I'm assuming because the weather in the afternoon was cold and blustery...but that's fine because I couldn't have skipped out of work anyway. Instead I worked until 5:30 then headed off to the gym for just after 6:00. I had a FABULOUS cardio workout.

I did 20 minutes on the good elliptical, 20 minutes on the recumbent bike, and 20 minutes power walk on the treadmill with an incline. After each machine I stopped and did a set of 15 crunches, 15 step-ups with weights, and 15 squats with the 3kg medicine ball. Felt good. (Well, my screwed up shoulder/neck/arm/muscle/whatever still doesn't like it but it doesn't like anything!)

Also stayed easily OP. In fact, I had to talk myself into my muffin treat last night since I'd eaten dinner so late. But with the workout I didn't want to undereat, so I crammed it in. :) I also crammed in my last glass of water to make my full 3 litres for the day.

My cold is subsiding but now I have that lovely flemmy throat and I'm constantly clearing it. I hate that. Glad I'm home alone and no one has to listen to me. I'm a wreck, eh? Sore shoulder, stupid cold, meh. haha.

I'll be doing the gym at lunchtime today if I can manage to get my work done. Should be interesting. I'll probably have to cut my cardio time in half and maybe only 2 sets of strength training instead of 3. I should have gone this morning, but I was pooped and managed to shut my alarm off and slept in. I can't go tonight because of a poorly timed chiropractor appointment and meeting. Oh well, I'll do my best.

Today's goals: 3 litres of water, some form of gym time, stay OP

Today's eats....

- Red River cereal with 1/2 banana & 1 tsp natural PB
- coffee
- Liberte Svelt vanilla yogurt with strawberries
- leftover 1/2 Bolthouse smoothie on way home from gym
- one more turkey sammich on whole wheat with light cream cheese, tomatoes & salad greens
- grapes
- sesame rice crackers & marble cheddar (to hold me over through chiro meeting until late dinner)
- sauteed garlic shrimp with steamed brocolli & cauliflower
- pumpkin pecan bran muffin



Pin It

8 comments:

ElleBee said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better, minus the phlegmy throat!

Karen said...

Your meals always sound so delish. I need to spend more time planning or something. Also, which gym do you go to? I have decided that I want a membership for Christmas, but I am trying to pick a place that has classes (step and spin) that will fit around my work schedule and so far I haven't had any luck.

Karen said...

We must be neighbours! That's where I live too! Between the co-ed one there, and the one in Park Vic downtown (on my lunch breaks), I think I could have a pretty good schedule.

Jen said...

MMMM Phlegmy throat!!! Sounds lovely!!!

I think that's awesome that you went to the gym!! Usually when my plans fall through I have issues talking myself into doing something constructive!!!!

Marissa said...

Glad you're feeling better!

I have to have warm breakfasts in the winter...things like cold cereal or yogurt just don't cut it when it's freezing outside.

Carolyn said...

Glad you are feeling at least a little better anyway.

I agree with KAren, your meals do sound super yummy. What is the red river cereal? I have to get my carbs lower at breakfast.

Glad you had a great workout!

eurydice said...

i love red river cereal. glad to hear you are feeling better!

JavaChick said...

Good luck with the chiropractor...Hope you can get your neck/shoulder issue fixed up.