Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Breakfast a la Mandy

I decided to try out Mandy's faithful breakfast today since I have a fresh batch of muffins, some leftover pumpkin, and some yummy yogurt in my fridge.

I mixed 1/3 cup of pumpkin (slightly warmed in the microwave to take the chill off) with 2/3 cup of Liberte Svelt vanilla yogurt (best yogurt ever). Then I crumbled up one of my fresh pumpkin pecan bran muffins and stirred it in. Pretty tasty. Could use maybe a little brown sugar but I decided not to use it. I'm skeptical about this keeping me full for a few hours, but only time will tell.

You'll all be happy to hear that I made it through yesterday completely OP. I came up short just 1 glass of water shy of my 3 litres, but if that's the worst of it then I call it a success. Funny how being sick makes you less hungry...I guess that's the bright side of a cold. I also kept really busy and ate my dinner a bit late so I didn't really have the opportunity to think about evening snacking. I did taste-test one muffin, but I'd planned for it so alllll goooood.

This morning I woke up late (typical!) so no cardio for me yet. I'm going to work diligently after I finish this post and get my coffee so I can hopefully go for a good long walk this afternoon. My girlfriend is off work and asked if I'd like to go walk along the local trail with her and her dog. Hopefully work allows it. (boooo, I miss my dog....) If I don't do that, then I'll hit the gym for an hour of cardio this evening. Or maybe I'll do both.

Oh, and one last thing, I have some cutie-patootie little frog stickers for my calendar and I'm looking forward to giving myself one every day between now and Vegas (Oct 22) for staying on my daily plan.

Thanks for all of the grrrrreat support yesterday girls. I just thrive on it, and I know those comments will help me drop this weight before I head off on my business trip. Love you!

Today...

- pumpkin/yogurt/muffin concoction
- coffeeeeeee
- turkey sammich...on ww bread with light cream cheese, salad greens & tomatoes
- apple with light Laughing Cow wedge
- exact same dinner as last night....leftover salad, leftover roasted buttercup squash, Nutrigrain chicken nuggets
- tea & choc zucchini bran muffin
- grapes if I feel snacky

Today's goals: stay on plan, at least 1 hour exercise, 3 litres of water
Pin It

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

MMMmm that breaky sounds soo good. I should try that! I made some pumpkin muffins last night actually.

Have you and DBF thought about getting another dog?

Jen said...

woot Vegas!!! You will TOTALLY be down by then...that is TWO weeks!! you are going to rock it and I know it!!!

I can never get my yogurt to taste "sweet"...maybe I need to mix it with vanilla yogurt (I agree, best yogurt ever!!!)...I just always find it a bit sour and plain (with plain yogurt and pumpkin)...ick...

Christy said...

mm that yogurt concoction sounds fab, I'll have to try it! :)

eurydice said...

wow, everyone is going to vegas. that breakfast sounds great but i love me a hot breakfast!

Vanessa said...

Breakfast sounds good. Enjoy your walk!

Angela Power said...

I'm back into stickers too! I love them :)

I must try that yogurt - everyone raves.

Shirls said...

I love both the pumpkin muffin yogurt combo, the staying OP, nice work! As you probably know I'm a huge fan of the whole sticker reward system I have 3 yeas of calendars to show for it, something about it just works for me, I'm thrilled to read its motivating you too :0)