Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sleep Deprived

Gah, I just got up. Ya, that's 4 hours late. Guess I'll be working late again. All that lack of sleep in Vegas, combined with the red-eye flight and the 4 time zones really screwed up my sleeping. Lame. Hopefully I can get to sleep properly tonight and put an end to this.

I know you are patiently waiting the tale of my trip, and I promise I will get to it today, but probably not until tonight. Honestly, it's mostly work stuff but I'll do my best to make it interesting. I took next to no pictures, and even the one I took of myself in my dress is blurry. haha.

For now I will just regale you with my menu and plans for today...

- coffee with a bit of hot chocolate mix
- "hot" Mini Wheats (have you seen that commercial yet? they recommend using hot milk. I tried it, it's OK...sucks up the milk too fast!)
- honeycrisp apple (thanks Angie!) with cheddar cheese
- Kashi Bar
- leftover maple salmon and Asian Crunch salad
- vanilla yogurt and fresh raspberries
- maybe a Fibre One bar

I really want to get to the gym today too. I've officially had a week off and if I wait any longer I'll start going backwards! My neck and arm are stiff right now, but my massage yesterday worked great and I felt good most of the afternoon and evening (which is amazing because I was in serious pain from all the flying). I'm sitting with my heat pack right now and if it's loose enough later then I will do my HIIT and strength training. If it's too stiff I'll settle for an hour of cardio instead. Not sure when I will fit it in...I'll have to see how work plays out...but likely right before dinner. Pin It

6 comments:

eurydice said...

i haven't seen that commercial... hot milk? how strange!

Marissa said...

I should try that hot milk trick on my Mini Wheats...I certainly don't like cold things like cold cereal when it's winter.

tash said...

Apple and cheddar cheese - how yummy!

[I totally just wrote "Appeal and cheddar cheese" and had to change it - can you tell I am at work?? :)]

Jaime said...

haha, Tasha.

Vanessa said...

Congrats on the vacation loss!

Hmm...the hot milk in mini wheats might be nice in cold weather.

JavaChick said...

We went to Vegas a few (ok, 8) years ago and from what I remember, it took a few days to get back to normal once we returned home. I'm sure you'll get back into the swing of things once you are rested up.