Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Squeaky Wheel Gets the Grease

Ha! I should whine on here more often. Look how many of you came out of the woodwork to comment yesterday. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Thank you, I needed it! (I'm worried with all of you BLBE Challengers out there, that the rest of us will get lost....don't forget about us!)

I was just reading some comments on Amy's blog and all of you with your "bring it" attitude are awesome and hysterical. The motivation is fantastic, and I'm hoping to catch some of it. I'm really starting to wish I had some sort of goal so I could join you, but honestly my big thing right now is just maintaining and toning so it's sort of hard to use that. I'll just cheer myself on right along with you all.

I want to take a moment to thank all of you that are doing the CIBC Run for the Cure. I can't do it this year, as it's the day before DBF leaves for 5 weeks again, but I had really considered it. After the accomplishment I felt when I did the Relay back in June, I decided that I would like to get involved in more of these activities. But since I can't do it this time, I'm greatful that many of you are and I will be thinking about you and cheering you all on on race day.

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I did indeed get to the gym at lunchtime. Had to cut the HIIT short by 5 minutes and left out a couple of arm excercises in order to get in and out in under an hour, but it was a good workout and I'm glad I went. I also went for a brisk 15 minute walk after dinner last night. It's really starting to cool off in the evenings but it felt good. Today is cardio day and since it's nice out I think I'll go for a walk along the local trail again.

Food was a little over, but I think with the exercise it probably mostly evened out. I didn't eat anything terrible, just maybe a little too much, and not enough fruit & veg. Oh well, today is a new day!

Today's plan....

- ww english muffin with natural PB & smear of jam
- coffeeeeeeee (tried with vanilla soy milk today and it's pretty yummy)
- Gala apple with light Laughing Cow
- homemade butternut squash soup, Ancient Grain tortilla with leftover baked black beans
- cucumber slices
- baby carrots
- Kashi bar if needed
- not a frigging clue what to make for dinner....didn't do a proper grocery shop and now I'm stumped....I'll think about it. :)
- blueberry bran muffin & decaf tea Pin It

10 comments:

WWSuzi said...

We wouldn't forget you!! I think you are the greatest for the support and inspiration you give ;) Keep it up!!

Anonymous said...

i totally agree. I don't want to be forgotten either. we can comment each other at least. hehe!

ElleBee said...

Mmm that soup sounds yummy!

Jen said...

I agree...I coulnd't forget you either!!!!

Regardless of challenges or not, I always comment on any blog I read!!! And you are on the list my lovely!

Pheonix said...

ok... vanilla soy milk? Does it taste less like soy milk? Cuz I really hate that taste? If the vanill covers itup though I might give it a go...

Karen said...

I'm with ya! I've just started my blog so here's to hoping that my whole 2 dedicated readers dont forget about me :)

And thanks for your advice today. I think he knows that it is his own decision, but ya know how it is when you just CANT decide and need to turn to someone else for help...I think that's where he is right now. I'm leaning towards the new job too.

JavaChick said...

Won't forget ya, promise. But right now my head aches too much for me to come up with an intelligent sounding comment. Sorry. Go Jaime!

Marissa said...

I've been feeling left out too since I'm not in the BLBE challenge!

Your butternut squash soup is making me crave some...I think I'll have to make some more this weekend.

Lady J said...

Could you post your recipe for me sweetie, cause it does sound good and pretty easy. I think the girls would like it too!!

I miss you so much.... xoxo

Vanessa said...

Us non-BLBE's have to stick together! Teehee.

Good job hitting the gym!