Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Half-Ass

I just got back from the gym, and I will admit openly that it was a half-assed effort. I started out on the cross-trainer for my HIIT, but I wasn't feeling it so after my warm-up and only 5 minutes of HIIT I moved over to the treadmill. I did 10 minutes of 1:1, walking and jogging. I know I could have pushed harder, but the love just wasn't in it today.

And I only did part of my strength training. My rib/arm/shoulder is still in major discomfort so I'm afraid to do too much...but I totally used it to talk myself out of other stuff too. I still did all of my squats, step ups and abs...but that was it. Booo.

Oh and while I'm here admitting these things, I'll tell you that I didn't get to the gym yesterday either. Work ran an hour late (grrr....) and by the time we had dinner I didn't want to go. I hate going after dinner. Lame.

In other news, we tried those Yves Veggie Breakfast Patties...and I didn't like them. There was some spice in there that totally turned me off. As a sausage substitute, texture-wise they were OK...for me, it was the nasty seasoning that didn't work. The omelette on the other hand, was KICK ASS...and I sauteed up some potatoes that were super yummy too.

After dinner I threw together a new batch of bran muffins. DBF likes his straight up, plain...no frills. I like mine all decked out. So I did up a half dozen for him, and then fancied the rest up with shredded zucchini, cocoa, and chocolate chips. To. Die. For. I ate two when I was only supposed to have one, but I missed a snack earlier in the day, so I was still OP for the day.

Today's menu is using up some stuff in the fridge...

- Starbucks double tall vanilla non-fat latte
- Red River Cereal with pumpkin & natural pb
- Honeycrisp apple (bought at a local farmer's market)
- "taco" salad...leftover tossed salad topped with leftover chili & light cheddar, light sour cream & salsa
- yummy chocolate zucchini muffin
- sesame rice crackers if I need them
- Balsamic Dijon Chicken Breasts with sauteed mushrooms, steamed brocolli & spinach salad
- pear with light Laughing Cow Pin It

4 comments:

Karen said...

Hey! Hope you are enjoying the warm temps this week :) Question: Where do you buy your pumpkin? I can only find the canned pure pumpkin in a HUGE can, and then half of it goes in the trash since I can never use it all in time. Thanks!

Oh, btw, I think it is hilarious that they know your order at SB...on the bright side, it could have been at McDonalds, which would be MUCH worse!

Anonymous said...

everyone is having chili. YUM!

Carolyn said...

What is the recipe for the muffins? They sound great!

PS My local coffee shop also has my coffee on hand when they see me in line!

Karen said...

Too funny...I was just thinking to myself, hmmm, I wouldn't have thought to freeze the pumpkin.