Monday, September 15, 2008

Fresh Start Monday

As promised!

So, first things first...weigh in. Apparently .4 pounds feels like 5 pounds. That's right, I'm only up .4 pounds. (note stunned look on my face!) I'm stoked about the great number, but I still feel lumpy and lethargic. Sometimes it's not about the number, it's about the feeling. And my current feeling is UNHEALTHY.

Today, it stops.

DBF is home now. Yaaaaaaieeeeeeeeee. (Picked him up at the airport at 2am, so of course I'm super tired for my fresh start...but I'm trying not to let that effect me too much.) Mom is still here, but I am back to work for four days so we will be on a more normal eating routine. Homecooked dinners and my normal breakfast, lunches and snacks. No more Cheetos!! I banned the "vacation snacks" since I am no longer on vacation. Conveniently the last box of malt balls mysteriously disappeared (into my tummy...not really a mystery!) last night, so no temptations left. I even made a batch of bran muffins last night...1/2 dozen blueberry-flax-honey, 1/2 dozen banana choco chip.

So here it is for today:

- Bolthouse Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- coffee
- PC BM multigrain flax bagel with light cream cheese & a smear of yummy homemade raspberry jam we bought at the Farmer's Market
- chopped freaking good fresh local canteloupe
- hummus "pitza": toasted ww pita spread with hummus & topped with tomatoes, spinach, shredded carrots, mushrooms & light cheddar
- chopped gala apple with Liberte vanilla yogurt
- grilled pork chops with mushrooms & onions, corn on the cob with a smidge of real butter, leftover spaghetti squash with parmesan, glass of skim milk
- blueberry bran muffin & decaf tea

I REALLY want to go to the gym...but dudes, I'm so freaking tired I don't know if it's a good idea. My eyes are drooping as I write this, and I have one of those crazy lack-of-sleep headaches that I usually only get after a night of partying. I'm going to try my damdest to get there right after work though, so I can enjoy my yummy dinner and get to bed at a reasonable time.

- 20 mins intervals on cross-trainer (30 second sprints, 1 minute fast paced recovery walks)
- full strength training routine (I'm soooo missing my 100 daily crunches!)

Good luck to everyone else that is embarking on Fresh Start Monday!!! Pin It

4 comments:

Jen said...

WOOOOT!!!!

Awesome job girl!!!!

Don't go to the gym if you are too tired...not a good mix!!!
HOWEVER, if you want to get some exercise in, why not take a walk with your mommy??

Jaime said...

Mommy can't walk...bad foot and lots of walking this past week. Plus, it's like a mini-hurricane outside. Blech.

eurydice said...

monday is such a great fresh start day... you can do it!

tash said...

I hope the BF is home for a good long while this time (although I am sure it is never long enough).