Friday, September 12, 2008

Fish Burger

Yesterday's choices were not great, nope nope nope. But enjoyable...yes, yes, yes. :)

I did a quick Timmy's run in the morning for coffee since we didn't want to make a pot at home. I was going to run further to SB for my latte, but got lazy and just grabbed a Timmy's for myself too. I actually hate Timmy's coffee....with a passion. And for some reason ordered it with 1 cream, 1 sugar...which I would never do anywhere else. Weird. But it was caffeine so I drank it. I also grabbed a muffin for Mom so decided to get myself a toaste bagel, dry. But of course when I got home, they had buttered it. Grrrrr....but by then I was starving and didn't want to waste it so I ate it. I think I had a plum too but now can't remember.

We did stop for a chocolate bar for the car ride, which I had planned. 4 points for a Crunchie bar.

When we got to Mahone Bay, we decided to keep going to Lunenburg and I'm glad we did because it was a great day and we found a really yummy restaurant. It was right in the heart of tourist-land so I wasn't expecting it to be good but it was. I could have ordered a salad or something, but they had a Haddock Burger that looked awesome so I chose that....and holy crap was it ever good. Lightly fried, with lots of tartar on this amazing focaccia bun. And the best handcut fries I've had in forever. Totally worth every calorie. (I'll regret that at weigh in time, but right now I don't care. haha.)

Of course, it was a little downhill from there. Stopped at a cool little market on the way back through Mahone Bay and got a giant mint Nanaimo Bar. About double the size of what I should have had but so good. Then we didn't bother with dinner because lunch was so huge and so late in the day....so I got snacky in the evening and we cracked a bag of Cheetos. Oh well.

Today I've stuck with Special K and coffee for breaky, and a bowl of fruit salad (I made up a big bowl last night so I wouldn't have any excuses not to eat it today). We're heading out for shopping or something so I might get a snack or a latte at the mall. Dinner might be out, so who knows! Pin It

4 comments:

Pheonix said...

I tried that flax stuff... ok, the kind I got, has this NASTY taste... does it all taste like that? Kind of bitter? ew!

Oh, and as if you didn't already guess, I now want a fish burger... thanks for that! LOL!

Unknown said...

Ugh, don't you hate when that happens at Timmy's? I've had that happen to me before where I asked for a dry bagel and they buttered it. And I hate butter!

JavaChick said...

Hearing about all your tourist-ing is making me homesick for Nova Scotia. Not that I'm so very far away, but when we do get home to visit we never have time to get to all of these places...

Sounds like you are having a great time with your Mom though!

eurydice said...

i love nanaimo bars... mmmm i used to get one on the ferry from vancouver to victoria every time.