Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Choices

So my choices thus far have been OK....just OK, because seriously people this is vacation time and I want to enjoy my Cheetos and ice cream. :) But so far so good.

The first couple of days entailed our obligatory Chinese food, so I'm feeling pretty sodium laden...but other than that all good. Getting in at least as much water as usual, maybe even more. Breakfasts are no problem....with PC BM bagels, or fruit and yogurt, or even a stellar spinach and egg white omelet. Lunches are hit and miss. Yesterday we were at Peggy's Cove so we decided to be full-on tourists and eat at the restaurant there. It is NOT a good restaurant...I opted for the seafood chowder and it was mediocre at best....and I ate too much bread. But the soft ice cream made up for that! :) Dinner was those yummy maple BBQ salmon fillets from Superstore, baked and served with a huge-ass spinach salad. We won't discuss the bag of Swedish Berries that disappeared in a blink of an eye.

Today will be similar breakfast, snack-type lunch, and whole lobster dinner at Fisherman's Wharf. Can't wait! Pin It

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

I am picturing a heap of ice cream sprinkles with cheetos and all of a sudden, it doesn't look as appealing. Maybe that's the secret....

Enjoy your time with your Mom, you are still doing great but allowing yourself a few indulgences. C'est la vie!

Mmm Swedish berries. Wow I love those things!

Espressomama said...

Swedish berries are like crack! Hope you enjoy the rest of the week. I'm back to work so the weather should be great!

Paige said...

mmmm spinach salad...good choice!

Cat said...

You dinner tonight sounds devine. I've never been a huge fan of lobster, but I would LOVE to try one of those giant east coast lobsters!!

Freaking swedish berries....There were always the last thing I ate from my halloween bag, but once I started, I couldn't f'ing stop.....Espressomama is right, the ARE like crack....

Pheonix said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm swedish berries........... dammit, your blog always makes me hungry!

JavaChick said...

Eat your Cheetos and enjoy your vacation! :)