Thursday, August 14, 2008

Still Half Asleep

I did it. Made it through yesterday ON PLAN. In fact, I think I was actually under my points, and that rarely happens. I made it through the movie with just water...didn't even have the chips I planned. I had changed my mind and decided I wanted to have decaf latte during the show, but didn't make it in time to stop for Starbucks and the theatre didn't sell coffees so I ended skipping having anything. I was actually really hungry...like loud grumbly tummy hungry...dinner was too light...but I couldn't think of anything at the theatre that would be worth eating so I just toughed it out. Didn't even snack when I got home because it was too late and I was exhausted again.

The shrimpies I made for dinner were really good. I think I'll experiment with different spices and make them again. So easy....these ones were just tossed in a bit of olive oil with paprika, a bit of cayenne, & salt. I served on top of a crunchy salad. So yum.

Oh, and I got out for my bike ride last night. I had a looooooong work day, so after dinner I was tempted to just crash on the couch until it was time to go for the movie, but instead I decided that I had plenty of time for a quick ride....so I hopped in the car and headed down to the trail. 8km in about 23 mins....I'm getting pretty comfy on that ride so I'll have to start venturing further when I have the time.

I haven't even thought about today's menu so I guess I'll do that now...

- yummy blueberry muffin
- coffee
- cottage cheese with chopped orange
- toasted BM PC bagel with light cream cheese & honey
- grapes
- another muffin
- dinner will be marinated BBQ chicken with leftover Asian slaw
- evening snack of cereal or something similar

Pin It

10 comments:

Unknown said...

GOOD FOR YOU! I'm soooo proud of you! =)

WWSuzi said...

You're back and strong ;)

Pheonix said...

Your menu's always make me hungry! I'm making egg salad today! :) What movie did you see?

Natalie said...

I can't believe you can sit through a movie and just drink water. You're super woman.

Healthy Pear said...

Good for you for staying OP and not even eating all of your points! Wow!
I went for a bike ride too last evening. Isn't it so nice to get out and be surrounded by nature while exercising? I feel that it's actually relaxing!
Have a great day! :)

Jaime said...

We saw Brideshead Revisited. It was good, but odd to say the least. I have to admit that I spent a good portion of the movie thinking more about food than the plot. I'm not amazing, I'm just cheap and stubborn.

Alli said...

oOOOO i love Cajun spices on my shrimpies!!

Jen said...

WOW woman!!! The only word I can think of for you is AWESOME!!!

You are friggin amazing!

eurydice said...

i can't believe you toughed it out through the movie. i have no willpower in situations like that!

Carolyn said...

YAY! Water only at a movie? You are my hero!