Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Scale

I think my scale needs a new battery. It couldn't make up it's mind for weigh-in this morning. It fluctuated up and down a whole pound. The first number I saw was 151.4 which was so exciting that I actually giggled out loud. Then it reset and was jumping around between 151.6 and 152.6...I even saw a 154 in there somewhere but I disregarded that! I settled on marking down 152 as a good compromise. Fine with me, since it's the lowest I've been in TWENTY weeks. Yup, I said TWENTY weeks...that is FIVE MONTHS people. Insane. I lost 4 pounds in just this last week. Amazing what six days OP can do for you.

:)

So that's the good news.

The bad news is that my new gym plan is already failing due to yesterday's incident. Today I was supposed to go in for one-hour of cardio...which I had already decided I would cut in half and then finish up the strength training I didn't get to complete yesterday...but when I woke up I still had a niggling headache. It was enough to freak me out and so I didn't go. I soooooo don't want a repeat of yesterday.

The timing of this pisses me off to no end. I soooooo have the mojo back for my gym time and this happening now is so annoying. If I'm feeling better after work, I'm going in for the cardio. I'll have had two full meals plus snacks by then and I'll just be sure to listen to my body (although yesterday it all happened so fast that I didn't have time to adjust).

I did get out and mow my lawn last night in the cool evening air after dinner, so that's something. Just not enough something to get my toning done the way I want. I actually kept myself OP yesterday too....even while making sure to get in protein and carbs and sugars to try to make sure I felt better.

Today I was up early (if I wasn't going to the gym then I was at least going to catch up on the work I didn't get done yesterday)...so I started out with my Bolthouse smoothie and some coffee. Next I'm heading down for some Special K vanilla-almond and then my pre-lunch snack will be some fresh pineapple. Lunch is a PC BM bagel with cream cheese & tomatoes. Blueberries need to be eaten up so those will tide me over until dinner. If I do go to the gym I will definitely be eating a granola bar on the way there (and keeping an extra one with me...thanks Jen!). Dinner plan is for a BBQ smokie with raw veggies & hummus for dipping. I need some dairy so maybe some milk with dinner. Evening snack can be grapes, and/or maybe some yogurt or ff ice cream.

Pin It

7 comments:

Jen said...

What a crazy scale!!! I hate when mine jumps around (though it is a nice reminder to change the battery!!)

You did friggin awesome!!!! I think that is fantastic!!! I find I am a little more slack with the gym at the beginning of the week but then as the week closes I push myself to get there...I just hope your headaches go away soon :( no fun!

Cat said...

You totally need a new scale.....that freaks me out when I see numbers all over the place like that!!

The shitty service was at Sauce. Totally has gone downhill since the last time we were there. My fish was totally over-cooked on the outside and raw on the inside too. Yuck!!!

Otherwise, it was a great weekend!
I thought of you a lot, and we almost went to the italian place you mentioned, but I forgot the name and the concierge didn't know what I was talking about when I was trying to ask about it....of course, I was saying 'um....this italian place called like....Teraza or somrthing....' so I don't really blame them.....

Healthy Pear said...

I missed your post yesterday and just caught up with your incident at the gym, you poor girl! Hope you're feeling much better today! That sure sounded scary. Don't push yourself too hard right now. Focus on your eating and snacks and as far as activity goes, do what you can and let your body recover from this.

Marissa said...

Don't worry about missing the exercise. For whatever reason your body yesterday was trying to tell you to slow down. Hope you feel 100% soon!

Jaime said...

I love you all for saying "don't worry about the exercise", but have any of you been reading here for the last 2 weeks? haha. Everyone told me to take it easy and not "worry about the exercise" because of other things....so in total it's been over 3 weeks that I've "not been worrying about the exercise". Thanks for being supportive, but right now I actually want to worry about it and get to it!

Cat said...

Yeah....I won't be going back.....The food was super yummy last year, so I was expecting it to be good again... It IS super loud there huh?

I've written down the Italian place and will for sure be going there next time. Price is never really an issue with Mike and I when it comes to nice restaurants...we're willing to pay for good food, so I can't wait to try this place!

Thanks again!

eurydice said...

still a great weigh in. my scale does that too... jumps around. it's very annoying. i want a scale that analyzes my body fat too - although how can a scale really know.

my boyfriend is "getting used to" my hair, although he thinks it's cute.

and the dress i'm wearing is from h & m... i had to return the le chateau one because i couldn't find the right size.