Thursday, July 17, 2008

So. Hot.

Yesterday almost started to slip away from me, but I reeled it back in. I think I ended up over a point or two...but since I am more of an estimator I'll still call it OP for the day. It was so FREAKING hot and muggy yesterday that I was not just sticking to my car seat (black leather + Summer = ewwwwwww) but I was actually sliding off of it. This led me to a Tim Horton's Iced Cap and it was worth every extra point or calorie or whatever.

DBF decided he wanted lobster with his steak so dinner was late and I was getting cranky. I didn't want lobster...or the crazy-ass buttery wine sauce he made for it (although it did end up pretty tasty!) and was annoyed that he decided to this at the last minute. I had a chocobran to tide me over and it seemed to do the trick on the hunger front. I was still cranky because I had a work project pissing me off well after quitting time, but at least I wasn't super hungry anymore. DBF had suggested a walk, but the work thing kept me busy after dinner until about 8:45, then he didn't want to go. So I went without him. :) It was a beautiful night, with a cool magenta streak in the sky. It was only about a 20 minute walk, but it cleared my head and got rid of my crankypants.

This morning I got up and drove DBF again so figured I might as well head to the gym. Cardio day. 60 minutes split between the recumbant bike, treadmill and elliptical. Travelled over 12km today!

Tonight we are meeting some friends for dinner at a pub downtown. The pub's online menu is unavailable at the moment so that is a little scary, but as long as I can talk myself out of fish and chips then I'm sure it will be fine. I'm planning to order a virgin Caesar to drink....mmmmm!

Today's menu....

- Nuts Over Brownie Luna Bar
- coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
- watermelon
- last little scrape of Liberte Svelt vanilla yogurt (seriously maybe two tablespoons)
- lunch will be a huge-ass bowl of raw veggies with hummus
- grapes
- chocobran
- Coke Zero with fresh lemons to tide me over til dinner
- dinner out

Maybe a walk around the waterfront......I hope! Depends on whether we like our friend's new boyfriend or not. haha.
Pin It

4 comments:

Jen said...

blah! sorry to hear you were a crankypants yesterday!! that really sucks!!!

Sounds like you got out of the funk though!!! I would be miffed if dinner got delayed as well...that burns my bottom when Danny does stuff like that!!

I FINALLY bought some Liberte yogurt...it isn't "svelte" though, but that's okay, sounds like it is worth it!!!

Natalie said...

Nice proflie pic - I really like your hair. Good length. I'm so debating on cutting mine back to it's short sweetness. I've been growing it out and hate it.

Keep up the great work. Always inspiring!

Healthy Pear said...

Good job on the walk last night, despite your stressfull evening. Have fun out tonight You'll be fine! :)
The virgin cesar sounds like a good choice and may even make you less hungry for dinner.

Carolyn said...

I love it that you went for a walk without your bf! There's motivation for ya!

I can't wait to try those chocobran muffins! I just picked up the stuff today at lunch! Yum!

Sorry about the work stress! I hate that. I usually try to leave all my stress at the office when I walk out the door but I bet that's difficult when you work from home! Today is a new day, hopefully everything has settled now.