Monday, July 14, 2008

Manic Monday

Work is going to be really busy today (well, more than a usual Monday) so I'll make this speedy and to the point.

The scale is an asshole this morning. It tells me 157 lbs. Booooooooooooooooooooo. You may recall that two weeks ago I said I was at the heaviest weight I've been in at least 6 months....but then I lost almost 3 pounds to put me back to the edge of my comfortable maintenance weight. Well thanks to camping and my lack of self control around the candy and peanuts I'm now UP almost FOUR FREAKING POUNDS. That will teach me. Argh.

I did however get up for my morning sweatfest at the gym like a good little girl. I have been inspired by Carolyn and her new love of the jogging, so I'm trying again to work on my treadmilling. Started with a 4 minute incline walk warm-up, then did two minute jogging/running intervals.... 2 mins @ 3.5, 4.5, 5.5, 6.5... then repeated. I couldn't do the last set of 6.5 but I'll get there. Then a three minute cooldown. Followed up with my full strength training routine, which felt awesome but also felt obvious that I only did it ONCE last week. Bad girl.

Menu for today consists of eating up what's on hand....

- coffee is brewing right now
- already downed 1/2 litre of water at gym, another 1/2 litre on it's way in right now
- Liberte vanilla Svelt yogurt with fresh blueberries & handful crushed vanilla Shreddies
- 1/2 banana
- leftover spinach salad with cheese, bacon bits and a few croutons - with light Ranch dressing
- more water
- carrots & cauliflower with hummus
- grapes
- Coke Zero with fresh limes
- handful Scoops & salsa
- did I mention water
- dinner with be something created with chicken boobies....probably served with steamed veggies of some variety.
- glass of skim milk
- I might finally make choco-brans tonight....so either a couple of those with some tea....or a couple of SuperStore Decadent chocolate chip cookies.
- and of course there will be water Pin It

5 comments:

Aimee said...

Hugs hun! I know how it feels to climb that bastard of a scale back up when all you want is to go down.
I was looking over my 26 week tracker and I averaged at a 4lb gain from week 1 to the last week! So I totally get what you mean. As for camping, have faith, I think it can totally be done on plan. As long as it's not raining all the time. You'll get it off soon! Great job on running.

Tiffa said...

Hey! Summertime is a hard time to stay on track... what with vacations, BBQs and camping, but at least you are committing to recommit and that is a pretty big step! Usually it takes me a few weeks to get to that point... and a 7 lbs gain :S Ugh. Hang in there!

Healthy Pear said...

With your kick ass workout and super healthy menu, you'll be back on track in no time. I know where you are right now because I'm at my all time high aswell.
Good luck! You can so do this! :)

carla said...

I had a comment. and then I read the first sentence of alli's.

I defer to her.

MizFit

eurydice said...

ah... the scale. you've got it thought - jogging is the key to weight reduction!