Thursday, June 05, 2008

How it actually went down...

You see that menu in yesterday's post? So did not happen. (This happens often...great plan, not so great execution). First problem was that I forgot my granola bar when I went shopping, so instead of my iced latte I wound up with a triple grande no-fat vanilla latte and a hunk of chocolate chip banana cake thingy (apparently reduced fat, but still about 6 points!). At least the latte was only 1 point more than originally planned...and I don't feel guilty about getting an extra point worth of skim milk. But I really didn't need that banana thing...could have made it home, or could have just bought something better at the grocery store. Stupid impulse eating. (On a bright note, it was freaking tasty and moist so at least it was somewhat worth it...)

So, rather than let the day get out of hand as I normally would, I came home with my new groceries and wrote out a new plan. On paper. In red ink. Right beside me on my desk.

This is what I actually ate:
- the latte (3)
- the evil banana cake (6)
- Liberte Moka yogurt (2), 1/2 banana (1), 1/4 cup All Bran (0)
- 1/2 cup raspberries & blackberries (1)
- baby carrots w/ hummus (2)
- sammich on yummy fresh thin-sliced multigrain bread: 2 oz light cheddar, spinach, tomatoes, mustard, 1 tsp light Miracle Whip (6)
- chopped tomatoes & cukes marinated in 1 tbsp Newman's Own Italian dressing, served over spinach, with 1 oz shredded part-skim mozzarella (2)
- Kashi granola bar (2)
- 1 cup new Kashi Honey Almond Flax Crunchy cereal (4)
- with skim milk (1)

Total = approx 30 points....much better than the runaway train I started out on. With my high intensity trainer session, I'd say I landed right where I should on the menu/points.


As for my workout.... not sure that my mojo has returned, but at least with my trainer there I pushed harder than I might have on my own. Downside is that I was only with her for an hour so we didn't make it through three full sets of my new routine. I probably should have stayed afterwards and finished up on my own, but such is life. At least the new routine seems more fun....likely because I'm just bored with the old routine, but who cares why!

I did get to add 3.9km to my distance challenge and another ladybug sticker to my calendar. :) Pin It

7 comments:

Alli said...

You didnt do so bad... I mena you have alot of Veggies in there still ... and if it hadnt been for that evil banana cake it would have actually been a great food day IMO!!

eurydice said...

imo 30 points isn't that much. i mean, maybe it's 5 or 8 or even 10 points more than you wanted to eat, but in the grand scheme of things it probably won't even matter. pat yourself on the back!

(i'm trying to learn to be self-nuturing... )

Jaime said...

I guess I maybe mislead you all....

my point wasn't that I overate, but that I blew my plan...but managed to reel it back in!!

tash said...

Great job on curbing the impulse eating!

Jen said...

FRIG WOMAN!!! That is fantastic!!! I usually derail after something unplanned, and the fact that you fit it all in is FRIGGIN AMAZING!!!!!!! (I got your point!)

Also glad that your training session went well and that it's not boring!!! It's not easy to hit the gym whenyou are bored to death!!!

JavaChick said...

The best laid plans...sometimes they just don't work out. I pretty much blew my plan at lunch today, I will have try and adjust the rest of my day as well. It happens, just have to do your best to keep going, right?

Anonymous said...

you are so cute. i think you did really good. :)