Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday Fun

So last night I ended up not going to my Relay meeting. After a long day of running errands and putting our new patio furniture together I was exhausted. Too bad, I really wanted to go out with my team, but such is life. (Oh but we did go to Darrell's for lunch, and I had the Turkey-Cran as recommended by Tash, and it was pretty tasty!)

Instead we enjoyed some wine and snacks with our neighbors and it was much more relaxing.

Today, DBF is busy doing boy things with his buddies, so I am spending some time picking out plants and stuff for my planters and looking at lanterns, etc. Eating will be at my own discretion, so I'll likely just munch on the Greek salad fixings, pitas, and fruit in the fridge. I'm trying to drink lots of apple juice and water as well, because I'm still so damn dehydrated.

Hopefully that big black cloud I can see out there just keeps on floating past our house! Pin It

4 comments:

tash said...

I'm glad you tried out Darrell's. It's such a cute little place and the turkey cran is sooo good. The peanut butter burger is good too - who would have thought to try that out for the first time???

Julie said...

I wish I would have known about Darrell's a couple of weeks ago. I was in Halifax and desperate to try something different. Oh I am sure I will have my chances, I am going up twice this summer for sure so I will need to make a pit stop at Darrell's.

Carolyn said...

Wow, that cold just won't go away will it?

Sounds like you had a great weekend! We just got as patio set too. So nice to just sit out on the deck with a glass of wine.

You did pretty well on the weekend with the potluck and eating out. Good choices. POtlucks are sooo hard too so congrats for keeping it in check!

Jen said...

Oh wow! You guys had a meeting??? I am jealous...my Relay team sucked...and nobody was "into" it besides me and my friends...maybe next year I should fly to Halifax and team with you????