Thursday, May 22, 2008

Post-Vacation Return to the Blog

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooo! I'm back. Did you miss me? :)

I actually arrived home on Monday night, but I came back with a nasty cold and a workload you wouldn't beleive....so no spare blogging time for me. Boooooooo.

I could regail you with tales of food and merriment from the remainder of my trip, but suffice to say it's pretty much moot at this point so I think I will just move on. My choices were not always the best, but I didn't overeat and I did fit in salads and fish a lot. The weather was gorgeous over the weekend so I got lots of walking (and sunburn!) in, but didn't count it for my activity challenge. Good news is I came back to 153.4 on the scale, which is basically staying the same. Bad news is that my cold has kept me from the gym, and my body is really missing it.

The house was completely void of any fresh fruits and veggies...not even juice, so my first couple of days back were pretty lacluster in the eating department. DBF ate smokies and Mr. Noodles while I was away...apparently reliving his University years. I keep waiting for him to get scurvy from the lack of vitamins. :) Last night I finally made time to get to the grocery store and did a super stock up on veggies, fruits, breads, and all the other yummy stuff I need for breakfasts and lunches. I love the big grocery shop!

So today, I'm back onto the Healthy Guidelines for the Summer Challenge. My original goal of 52 days is completely shot, but I am determined to hold it together the best I can for the rest of the challenge. Anyone know how many days we have left? I will have to update my counter over there ----> on the sidebar.

I am not marking down points for the time being. I didn't count while I was away and it worked out OK. I just tried to make good choices. My focus is on the guidelines, portion sizes and healthier choices for now. I still keep an estimated tally in my head, so I won't go overboard, but my brain needs a break. :)

Today I'm eating:
- 1/2 serving Arthur's Very Berry Smoothie
- 1/2 cup Kashi Crunch with 1/2 cup Vanilla Almond Breeze
- fresh strawberries & blueberries mixed with 1 Source Tango vanilla yogurt
- Greek Salad with light feta, chickpeas, olive oil dressing
- toasted pita brushed with olive oil, tzatziki
- BBQ smokie on Villagio bun
- corn-on-the-cob with real butter
- skim milk
- Creamsicle
- grapes

Guidelines:
- F&V - 6
- Whole Grain - pita yes, bun no
- Milk - 2
- Oil - yes
- Protein - breaky cereal, lunch feta & chickpeas, dinner smokie
- No added sugar or booze
- Water - 8 glasses
- Vitamin - multi & Vit C

Activity:
- Not today folks :( Pin It

8 comments:

Alli said...

Yes we missed you!!! So glad you are back AND relaxed. So sorry you are sick though. I hope you can knock that cold out so you feel back to your normal self again quickly. Hope you have a good weekend after playing catch up this week.

tash said...

You're the first person I've seen come back from a vacation and stay the same! You ROCK!

Christina said...

Yayyyyyyyyy you're back...we missed you :)

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're back! And that you had fun too! :) I'm jealous as eff that you managed to STS though, but so proud of you! I know that if I was away for that long, I'd come back with a huge gain. Good for you!

:)

Amy said...

Weclome back muffin! :)

Christina said...

mmm fiddleheads, I just boil a pot of water and throw them in for about 10-15 mins until they are soft but not too overcooked...cook them to the same consistency as you would broccoli and then drain, add a little butter or olive oil or becel spray, salt and pepper and that's it yum yum

Julie said...

Welcome back! I hope you feel better soon and way to go for sts after vacation.

Carolyn said...

YAY! You're back! We missed you! Glad you had a great vacation and coming back with a maintain is a serious victory!

4 weeks left in the Summer Challenge so we are half way. I'm going to encourage everyone to post and update for the half way mark this weekened. Review your goals, and see how far you've come. I'll post all of the goals again so everyone can get a refresher!

I've been toying with the idea of letting go of the points for a while but everytime I think about it seriously, I get nervous and go back to tracking. It's been over 2 years of writing everything down though so it may be time....do you still count the points everyday in your head?