Thursday, May 01, 2008

Gym Recap

Early morning workouts are obviously the way to go for me. I do so much better on an empty stomach. Is that normal?

Treadmill: C25K, week 6/day 2 (again!)
- 5 min warmup
- 10 min run, 3 min recovery, 10 min run
- 5 min cooldown
- I think the key here for me was to slow my pace just a bit. I went for 5.4mph today instead of my usual 5.6 or so, and I made it through pretty easily. The first 10 mins was a piece of cake...the second 10 was tough, but I did it!

3 full sets strength training. I opted to skip my back extensions on the ball today because my back has been bugging me, but added in 3 sets of calf raises to make up for it.

Erg (rowing machine): I was heading for my cooldown on the recumbant bike, and as I walked by the rower I remembered that I'd been meaning to give it a go.
- 10 minutes (my hands were dying after 5 mins, but I pushed through)

I feel great!! So glad I finally dragged my ass out of bed and went at my usual early time. DBF is going to be away a lot over the next few months, so I really need to keep motivating myself and not use my not having to drive him to work as an excuse to sleep too long. Pin It

7 comments:

Christina said...

i luv ya :) I have to try the rower, thanks for reminding me

Anonymous said...

We don't have the rowers at my gym. :(

Anonymous said...

i think it is normal to be at your best in the morning. i sure am.

Natalie said...

i love you too! :) Have a good day.

ElleBee said...

You're doing so awesome with the C25K!!!

Marissa said...

Great job on getting up early and getting your workout done!!

I find that when I'm running for extended periods of time, it is really crucial to be mindful of my pace and not start out too fast.

Alli said...

YOu are a work out machine!! Way to go!