Monday, April 28, 2008

Summer Challenge - Let's Get Started!

First things first...weigh in this morning...down exactly 1 pound to 153.4. Don't know how I did it, but I'll take it. Anything under 155 and I breathe a sigh of relief. :)

I've got that Monday feeling that I can take the world by storm. I'm already mentally planning my menu for the week and really concentrating on those Eight Healthy Guidelines. I hope I can maintain this excitement and get my mojo back today. It sort of went for a hiatus last week. This challenge is just what I need. A major focus on health...and not so strenous on counting points and beating myself up for cheating. I've added my challenge notes over on the sidebar --->.

I'm due for a kickass workout today. I am re-doing week six of the C25K program because I am unhappy with last week's results. Gotta build that cardio stamina! The sun is shining today too, so a walk with the dog will help keep me on track.

The fruit situation in the house is dire. I'm down to just blackberries. Don't know when this happened, but if I'm going to keep up my F&V servings I'd better hit up the grocery store tonight. I think it's time for melon! Should probably hit up the meat & seafood counters for some yummy protein too.

The toughest guideline for me is going to be the water I think. My plan is to drink as much water as I can in the morning and earlier part of my day, because I tend to forget later in the day...and then I'm always trying to cram it in too close to bedtime. Of course, if I keep up the activity like I want to...it will be a lot easier.

DBF is home next weekend (my God the time is dragging!) so I'm thinking up a yummy Welcome Home dinner. It will definitely involve the BBQ. Maybe some sort of scallop appie, marinated steaks and grilled veggies. I saw some ideas on a blog somewhere...I'll have to track those down again.

OK, enough babbling....on with today's plan:

- coffee

- Fruit Solutions juice
- WW bagel with egg salad & spinach
- ff vanilla yogurt & blackberries
- small Greek salad, 1 oz light feta, 1 tbsp tzatziki as dressing
- Kashi bar (pre-gym)
- pita pizza: ww pita, Classico sauce, salami slices, mushrooms, spinach, red onion, 2 oz part skim mozza, fresh parmesan, olive oil drizzle
- ff vanilla yogurt & melon
- tea & Lifestyle cookies

24/22+7AP

Activity: high cardio + strength training (5), dog walk (2)

Guidelines:

F&V: 6/5
Whole Grains: yes
Dairy: 3/2
Oil: yes
Protein: 3/2
Sugar/Booze: all good
Vitamins: multi, C, calcium
Water: 3 litres Pin It

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your menu looks really good! :) I think I am going to try to follow Canada's Food Guide and incorporate that into my blog somehow. I think I've been eating too much junk!

Jen said...

Great plan today Jaime!!!

I am thinking this challenge will be awesome for me too!! My mojo waivers every once in a while! and that snow I had put me in a teeny slump!!

I HAVE to try your egg salad idea...I think it will be yummy!

Vanessa said...

Plan looks good. Good luck on the challenge!

Carolyn said...

Oooops. I can't believe I messed up the goal AND website of one of my favorite Summer Challengers! Geez Carolyn! You're all fixed darlin!

Glad your hubby is coming home soon, the welcome home meal sounds yummy!

Good luck on you C25K!