Monday, April 28, 2008

Gym Recap & Today's Festivities

Well, not festivities so much, but that's the word that came to mind so I used it. LOL.

I ended up on a long business call today, so by the time I finished that and cleared up my day's work, it was already 6pm. No time to walk the doggie. AGAIN...poor guy! But it was either that, or go to the gym, so I had to chose the gym. So off I went because I didn't want to wait any later otherwise I'd be starving.

My workout was pretty good. I started Week 6 of C25K over again, so it was a 5 min warmup, 5 min run, 3 min recovery, 8 min run, 3 min recovery, 5 min run...then cooldown. All was well, except I ended up having to walk for 1 minute in the middle of the 8 minute run. Lame. But I still travelled 2.5 miles and burned 275 cals according to the treadmill.

I have a theory that I need to go back to my early morning workouts (I haven't been up early at all since DBF left!) because those workouts were WAY better. It's sooo tough for me to get up extra early though...but I've got to try! It's better for not interupting my day too.

Then I did my full strength training routine, plus a 10 minute random ride on the recumbent bike. My legs were like jello when I finished. Mostly from the workout, but partially because I was really hungry.

It was getting way late, but I had my grocery list all planned out, so I stopped by Sobeys to stock up on fresh produce and some fish for my "fish week" (you may remember me saying I was going to have some fishy dinners while non-fish eating DBF is away). I got two huge-ass bags of grapes in the BOGO sale for $4, some tilapia and some haddock, lots of veggies and a few other items to hopefully round out my menu for the week.

When I got home, I immediately made my pizza. Can I just say that it was really f'ing good!!! I'll be having that again when the fish is gone for sure. Now it's after 10pm though and I still haven't finished my planned eats for the day. I have to eat the fruit to get my F&V servings in, but I'm skipping the tea and cookies because they weren't necessary to the menu plan. And thankfully I already got two dairy servings today so I can scrap the yogurt too. I don't know where I would put it after eating that pizza.

So, here's to Day One of the Summer Challenge DONE! Hope everyone else had a great first day. Pin It

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful first day of the challenge! :)

I'm a non-fish eater too. I was brought up in a house where fish was never on the menu, so I never learned to like it. My dad sometimes eats fish and chips when we go out for dinner, but we never cook fish in the house. Ever. The only "fish" we ever have is canned tuna, but even I don't really like that.

You're doing so well with your running! Soon you'll be running a full 30 minutes without stopping, and you'll LOVE it! :)

Natalie said...

My DH doesn't eat fish either and I really miss it! He says I could have fish while he has something else but most of the time I don't bother.

Sounds like you're doing great!

Shelley said...

One down, 55 days to go. It's weird how when you plan out your food intake, you feel like you need to force yourself to get it in late in the day. Way to stick to it.

Marissa said...

Great first day on the challenge!

Good luck!

Marissa
browneyedmaris.blogspot.com