Thursday, April 10, 2008

Snack Attack

Now that I work out almost every morning, I find that I have a wicked carb craving for breakfast. My old school routine of yogurt and fruit just isn't cutting it anymore...and I don't always have the time or inclination to stand over the stove waiting for my Red River cereal to cook. I do love the Kashi Crunch, but was looking for something a little more "sinful". :)

Enter, the cinnamon raisin bagel!

Bagels have basically disappeared from my menu plan since joining WW. Occasionally I have opted for a multigrain version from Timmy's with no butter or anything, but how boring is that?!! And such a waste of points really.

Anyway, a few months ago I discovered the President's Choice Blue Menu bagels. They are just the right size, and high in fibre. Three points! I tried the Oatmeal version first, but found that they needed peanut butter or something to jazz them up, thus upping the points. Yesterday, I bought the cinnamon raisin version and they are satisfying the "morning treat" craving just as I had hoped, without sacrificing nutrition or points. Yummy!!

Topped with a bit of RSF Becel (for essentially no added calories) or for the creamy resemblance of cream cheese, try it with a wedge of light Laughing Cow (again, hardly any additional calories). Follow it up with some fruit & ff yogurt for the protein, and you are good to go!
Pin It

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Mmm....bagels...

meredi said...

I'm glad you like the bagels so much! I was thrilled to discover them but actually found them not very satisfying -- it felt like they were mostly air and didn't give me the weight I like from a good piece of bread.

Anyway, to each her own -- I'm glad you like them at least :)

My favourite breakie at the moment is an Ezekiel English Muffin -- I *think* it's 3pts but I honestly forget. Worth trying if you haven't already :)

Christina said...

thanks for the tip...I will have to try these out, I looooove bagels

Jaime said...

Meredi: that's how I felt about the oatmeal ones...they needed peanut butter to make them more substantial... but the cinnamon ones seem sturdier LOL...maybe it's the raisins!

eurydice said...

I like those bagels too.