Thursday, April 24, 2008

Gym Recap

It's soooo dismal outside today. I had to drag myself into the gym (alas, I knew that if I didn't go I wouldn't get ANY activity because it's too yucky out to walk the dog). I had pretty much decided I was just going to go for a long walk on the treadmill, but then I snapped out of it. If I'm going through the trouble of changing my clothes, combing my hair and driving over there, I'm sure as hell not going to waste a good cardio workout! So....

Treadmill:
- 5 min warmup
- 15 mins worth of sprint intervals: 1 minute sprint, 1 minute recovery, last 2 minutes sprint
- (sprints @ 7mph, recoveries @ 4mph)
- 5 min walk
- 20 mins worth of inclines: played around with inclines, mostly going up, but a few downs for recovery, tried to stay between 10-15. adjusted speed accordingly....mostly around 3.2mph, but some at 3.5mph....nothing below 3mph
- 5 min cooldown

Total: 50 mins

All totalled I burned 430 calories according to the machine, and travelled over 5km. Woooooo!!

Extra Ab work:

- Plank: 3 x 15 second planks (this was too easy, I'll be doing the sets for 30 seconds next time)
- Russian Twists: 3 sets of 12 (this is the one where you hold the medicine ball while in crunch position and twist to each side)
- Crossover Crunches: 2 sets of 12 for each side (so 24 per set)...(this proved to be tough on my problematic lower back so I'll have to find something else to do)


Instead of my planned cookies and milk I stopped and got myself a Starbucks treat - dbl tall no-fat vanilla latte...same points as cookies & milk, but far more comforting on a day like today. :)
Pin It

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Umm, you rock. You also just convinced me that if I'm going to go through the trouble of dragging my exercise bike out tonight, I may as well pull out the hand weights and ball as well. :)

Christina said...

mmm skinny latte on a dismal day...is there nothing better :)