Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Strength Training Routine

As promised, I remembered to bring my card home today so I could tell you all about my Strength Training Routine.

First, let me toot my own horn by saying that I DID IT! I did my first session all by myself and I didn't try to sissy out once. I'm so proud of myself! And now that I know I can do it, I know I can keep doing it!! Yaaieee me!

So... Three days per week - 3 sets - 12 reps

- Chest Press
- Seated Row (rear deltoid)
- Seated Leg Press
- Side Shoulder Raise (standing on bosu)
- Tricep Pressdown
- Ab Machine (controlled crunches to work core without straining my back)

At our next meeting she is going to add a back extension exercise on the ball and maybe one other thing. I add in ball squats of my own at the end of everything just because I like them. :)

In two weeks, she will give me an alternate program so I can switch it up every 4-6 weeks so that my body doesn't get too used to things.

I know it doesn't look like much, but to complete all three sets takes close to 1/2 hour. Pair that with 20 - 30 minutes of high intensity cardio and it's an excellent routine. On a couple of my off days, I will go in and do a full hour of cardio. Next week I will start trying out a few of the classes offered...likely starting with Yoga Flow or Fun n Fit Yoga... then possibly K-Box or Basic Ball & Step. Pin It

No comments: