Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Snack Attack

I found this recipe in a dairy ad in a magazine...

Fruit & Nut Ricotta Wrap

1/2 cup ricotta (I used light)
1 tbsp honey
1/8 tsp lemon zest
1/4 cup dried fruit & nut mix
(I bought some bulk dried fruit and added about 4 chopped up almonds)
1 medium sized whole wheat tortilla
cinnamon to taste

Combine ricotta, honey, zest, fruit and nuts. Spread mixture evenly over tortilla. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Roll up firmly and cut in half. Enjoy!
  • This makes enough mixture for two wraps.
  • You can make the ricotta mixture the night before and keep it covered in the fridge.
  • It's good cold, or zapped in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.

Review: This worked well for a quick-to-prepare, easy to eat, on-the-run breakfast. I found it a bit bland though so added extra cinnamon the second day. I think it would be yummy without the dried fruit, but maybe with a chopped banana and some almonds instead. I also think the mixture would be good on top of a waffle.

Pin It

No comments: