Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Snack Attack

Don't forget about Mandy's Chocolate Chip Banana Bran Muffins!

It had been forever since I baked off a batch of these yummy treats, but they are so tasty that I'm almost through the first dozen and it looks like I'll have to bake some more this weekend.

I love one warmed up first thing in the morning with my first cup of coffee. Or later in the day as a smidge of a chocolate treat to keep me going until dinner.

I make mine with brown sugar instead of Splenda, and use mini-chocolate chips so the chocolate saturation is a little more widespread. :)

Bake yourself a batch today! Pin It

4 comments:

Jen said...

mmm...do you use REAL brown sugar or the brown sugar blend by Splenda??? just out of curiosity...because I WILL try to make them like that!!

AND you are a friggin GENIUS using mini chocolate chips!!!

Jaime said...

I use real brown sugar. It raises the points a smidge but I really prefer it to the Splenda. :)

Amy said...

Hmm.... I may have to whip up a batch this weekend. Its been far too long.

Although, sometimes.... one turns into 2, 2 into 3, 3 into 15.. *sigh*

I get into the 'these are only X points' and before you know it, I'm in BIG trouble! :)

meredi said...

First, HELLO! I don't quite know how we missed each other either, except that I went through a phase where I was just going a little bonkers with all the blogs I was reading, and couldn't stand the thought of adding any others, even if they were really great. I'm sorry I missed you as a result, but I've now got you added to my list -- 'tis very nice to meet you :)

Second, thanks for the two great suggestions for this recipe. I've never made them because I didn't want to use Splenda, but the brown sugar is a great idea, and somehow just knowing that someone else has done it is enough to encourage me. Perhaps I'll pick the ingredients up tomorrow!