Monday, January 28, 2008

Snack Attack

Baby carrots are about the easiest healthy snack I keep in the house. I don't know about you, but I get sick of plain old carrots after a couple of days. So every once in a while I dig out my box of Lipton Onion Soup and make some low-point dip.

It can't get any easier. Mix one small (250ml) container of light sour cream with 1/2 package of soup mix. Stir and let sit in fridge for a couple of hours (so those crunchy dehydrated onions have time to soften up).

Works out to 1 point for 2 tablespoons and totally satisfies my need for something more interesting that boring little carrot nubs. :)

For a more carb-a-licious treat, try dipping your favorite cracker. Pin It

3 comments:

Jen said...

I love dip and anything dipable!!!! I will seriously dip ANYTHING!!!!

I probably bought out Epicure (a spice company) recently buying a million spices that you just mix with sour cream for that VERY reason!!!

Jaime said...

hehe, my Aunt is an Epicure rep...but I've only ever tried a couple of things. I've been addicted to onion dip forever...it gets out of hand if there are ripple chips involved!

Vanessa said...

I love making dip with onion soup mix :)