Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Down with Kimkins

There are a bazillion fad diets out there. Some work, some don't. Some are healthy, some aren't. I was never so overweight that I went looking for something drastic. I'm lucky I suppose. When I decided to lose a few pounds to help with my activity levels and overall health, I didn't shop around for a diet...I went straight to Weight Watchers because I knew that it wouldn't want me to do anything stupid. I knew it would just help me with calorie and portion control and educate me on healthier choices.

Unfortunately, not everyone works that way. Some people need to try different methods to find what works for them. Some people have been battling their weight for a long time and want something that will work fast because they are sick of the fight. I can only imagine the frustration.

Used properly a lot of those fad diet plans can work. Atkins, South Beach, Herbal Magic, whatever. As long as you go over these with your doctor, follow their orders and stick to the diet plans exactly, you will lose weight. You'll probably find that you have to take a lot of extra vitamins and supplements though, because none of those fads work within any proper health guidelines. And chances are, that once you hit your goal weight, you are going to have a hell of a time maintaining that lifestyle long term.

What truly pisses me off about those diets though is how the creators of such things prey on the folks that are looking for help. They go around declaring how fabulous they are, how healthy they are, how celebrities love them, how doctors endorse them...generally it's all a pile of crap. And they all know that they will be outted for the frauds they are eventually, but they'll try to rake in as much cash as they can before that happens. Nice.

Right now, the lying sack of crap that invented the Kimkins Diet is getting her ass sued off. She turned out to be the biggest fraud of them all. She claimed to have created a modified Atkins program on which she lost 198 pounds in only 11 months. The money hungry cow decided it would be great if she set up a website, marketed her plan, and bilked unsuspecting believers into buying into her bullshit "diet".

Turns out that this Heidi Diaz chick is actually morbidly obese...she used pictures from a Russian mailorder bride website as her after shots. Jesus, woman! It's one thing to lie about the program you created, it's a whole other thing that you haven't even lost any weight and claim to be some sort of health expert. You've managed to take it to the extreme level of fraud. Way to play on the insecurities and trust of others.

How can you live with yourself for generating cash by inflicting pain and suffering on innocent believers? It's truly disgusting. These poor people believed in you and you dished them a diet that brought them nothing but massive health problems....hair loss, heart palpitations, menstrual irregularities....because you convinced these folks that 500 calories a day was OK.

Glad to hear that 11 of your former followers are suing the shit out of you. I hope they take every penny you've earned from this revolting display of unprofessional conduct...and then some. I can't imagine that you will come out of this alive. Even if those 11 plaintiffs can't beat your ass, I'm sure Jessica Alba will be more than happy to come along and sue you for fraud and defamation of character.

How could you have possibly thought this was going to work out? How do you sleep at night?

Brutal. You are going down, bitch!


To see the cartoon more clearly, click here.

For the "before and after" shots, click here.

For more info on the lawsuit, click here.

Pin It

3 comments:

Jen said...

Ugh, Angie posted about this a while ago and googled all that shit...and YUP just as sickened now reading it all over again...my heart breaks for people who are mislead by this...or maybe I just feel sorry for their stupidity...what ever happened to Darwinism??? I have never met a single "lifetime" atkins, herbal magic or anything else-er....when it comes to Survival of the Fittest, it seems like WW wins HANDS down...perhaps I am also biased though...

ElleBee said...

Yup, was just gonna say, wonder if Angie saw this cartoon?

It is VERY sad what people will do and how they will take advantage of desperate people.

. said...

I totally agree with you on kimkins, I've blogged about it a few times but being a low carber myself I have to comment on how you have bundled the Atkins diet as a fad yet talk about weight watchers as a perfectly healthy diet without any flaws. Neither diet is perfect and both may have nutritional flaws if people don't do it properly.

Your comment here:

"What truly pisses me off about those diets though is how the creators of such things prey on the folks that are looking for help. They go around declaring how fabulous they are, how healthy they are, how celebrities love them, how doctors endorse them...generally it's all a pile of crap. And they all know that they will be outted for the frauds they are eventually, but they'll try to rake in as much cash as they can before that happens. Nice."

And weight watchers is any different from that?

You know low carb diets have a lot of health benefits especially for people suffering from insulin resistance. A weight watchers diet is not going to help someone suffering diabtes 2 as well as a low carb diet like Atkins will.

And long term I certainly have found it the easiest to stick to, I have always been in control the most when following low carb.

Cheers

Sherrie