Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Up and at ‘Em!

Another early day in the land of productivity.  Back to getting up early to give FH a ride to work so he doesn’t have to leave an hour early and park a zillion miles away (yes it’s stupid but they can’t park on the base without like 14 years service!).  So up and out the door by 7am…but at least that means I’m at the gym by 7:30 or so.

Tonight is Booty Camp night so technically it’s not a gym day, but since I didn’t run or workout all weekend I decided a cardio blast this morning was in order.  Just a quick 25 minute run on the treadmill, followed by some much needed stretching.  Perfect way to start the morning.

I really wanted to stop for Starbucks on the way home, but reminded myself that I had a perfectly good pot of Starbucks coffee set to brew at home…so saved myself the $4 latte.  :)

Lots of pumpkin puree in the fridge, leftover from the Whooooopie Pies so I decided I should try to incorporate some into my breakfast.  Normally I might cook it into some oatmeal but it’s too warm for that right now, so I thought I’d try mixing it into yogurt with some oats instead.  Meh, I think I’ve tried this before and didn’t like it.

I mixed: 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup Liberte Svelt vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup pumpkin, sprinkle brown sugar, sprinkle pumpkin pie spice, 1 tbsp mini pb chips, 1 tbsp ground flax.  Mushed all together and topped with 1 tbsp raisins and 1 tsp hulled hemp seeds.

028027029

It wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t good either.  The pumpkin definitely needs something sweet with it.  I’ll have to put some thought into tomorrow’s idea.

Look at Fat Jack sprawled out here.  What a goof.

037

The cats still hate each other but at least they are pretty much staying away from each other.  Ellie the dog is showing signs of anxiety a bit now…probably worried her Mommy & Daddy aren’t coming back…lots of whining and she wouldn’t eat from her dish, only from my hand.  She seems relaxed right now though so I’m enjoying it. 

It’s actually nice having all of the company around…now if everyone would just get along and relax!

Lunch was a hugeass Southwest style salad. Deeeeeelish.

In the big bowl: romaine, tomatoes, red onion, cucumbers & shredded marble cheddar.

032

Topped with black beans & corn.

033

And some salsa, Ranch dressing, s&p and a sprinkle of cumin.  I wish I had fresh cilantro!

034

All stirred up and topped with tortilla strips.  Filled me up to the brim!!

035

Now for some more work, maybe a little sun & reading, and more time sucked into my new Blackberry.  I got Twitterberry today.  Any other must have Blackberry apps, etc that anyone recommends?

Pin It

2 comments:

Dani @ PFL said...

That is one killer salad! Yum! Your food photos are always delicious looking.

Have a healthy, happy day today!

OldGoogleAccount said...

Jaime: could you please do a post one day about how you take such awesome food pics? I really want to start adding more of my food to my blog buy my pictures always look kind of dull and one dimensionsal.

That salad sounds a-maze-ing!