Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day Two – No Coffee

That’s right…not even a cheater iced cap or anything.  And so far no headaches and not grumpy.  My ulcer is still gurgling away but hopefully a few more days will help.  I plan to still have weekend coffee!

Gym this morning:  just a solid 20 minute incline walk on the treadmill at a little faster pace than yesterday, followed by upper body strength exercises…3 sets x 15 reps tricep pulldowns, bicep curls, military presses.

Breakfast:  it just seemed like an oatmeal kind of day…I haven’t made it in ages…

001

In the pot: 1/3 cup oats, 1/2 cup vanilla almond breeze, 1/4 cup water, 1/2 frozen banana (forgot my flax!), stirred in some dried cherries right at the end.

Topped with chopped mixed nuts, hemp seeds, and a scoop of White Chocolate Wonderful PB.  Yum Yum!

002

Lunch:  a repeat of yesterday…pita smeared with lemon dill hummus and topped with tomatoes…served with sliced cukes

003 004 005

Cherries and a white peach on the side.

Snack:  I dug a couple of my Trail Mix Oat Bars out of the freezer…so good frozen!

006

Dinner:  Lentil Walnut Burger

011     I followed this video on YouTube for the recipe…made a half batch, got four good sized patties.  Ate one, saved one, froze two.

010008

Definitely a recipe worth saving, although it could use a little tweaking.  I ate mine on top of some spinach with tomatoes and herby goat cheese so the crumble factor wasn’t a big deal…but it would make a messy burger!!

013

A few carrot sticks as fries.  :)

And now I’ve been at my computer for the better part of 12+ hours so it’s time for some sleep.  Night all.

Pin It

6 comments:

ElleBee said...

Mmm that burger looks awesome. I've been thinking about making some black bean ones but maybe I'll try that recipe instead.

eurydice said...

how is that pb? you are very creative in the kitchen lately.

Cat said...

You're so freaking healthy!!

I love how you faked out carrots for fries...not sure that would have worked for me....

Yay on day two with no coffee! I get a massive headache when I skip coffee... How's your belly doing?

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) said...

Great job with the coffee!

Loving the carrots as fries. You are awesome :D

Mikey said...

No coffee 'cause of an ulcer?! The doc can make that go away with just a little pill (trust me I know)!

Suck it up princess!

Jaime said...

Bad Mikey! If you'd read all my posts you would know I've got the pills! But I still have to limit caffeine and booze until things start to get better.