Monday, May 18, 2009

A Warm Welcome from Amy

Upon returning home from my overnight flight yesterday morning, I immediately went to bed. With the time difference, it was 4am for me! I did set my alarm for noon because I didn’t want to sleep the day away, but the alarm came and went and I was still zonked. I finally forced myself to get up around 2pm and promptly got freshened up enough to head to the grocery store. Knowing today would be a holiday and no stores would be open was motivation enough to get stocked up on groceries.

This is what almost $100 gets you when your fridge has been completely cleaned out of any fresh and perishable products:

451

453452

While wandering the aisles (yes, I went to the store hungry and without a shopping list…but funny enough I was so excited to get back into my usual eating routine there was no temptations to buy anything out of the ordinary) I started thinking about dinner. I was in no mood for cooking anything big, but the idea of stopping for any kind of take-out just didn’t appeal to me at all. I was considering a grilled cheese sammich, when I happened to wander down the natural foods soup aisle and spied the Amy’s Kitchen organic soups. I was immediately reminded of the rave review Lynn recently gave the Chunky Tomato Bisque, so decided to pick it up. (I will say that I was in a little sticker shock at the price…$3.49!)

455 458

Last night, after a long hot much needed shower, I served up a hot bowl of the bisque alongside two hummus and veggie wraps. Sprinkled a bit of light cheddar on the soup. Just what I needed before I promptly passed out on the couch. I woke up around midnight just long enough for a huge glass of water and a snuggle with the cat…then hauled myself back up to bed where I stayed until after noon today. Hopefully tonight I can get back on my normal East Coast sleep schedule.

459

I found the soup to be flavorful and slightly sweet, with a velvety consistency and nice bite sized chunks of tomato. It was a real treat.

For dinner tonight I finished up the second serving of Amy’s Chunky Tomato Bisque but this time served it with two small veggie quesadillas. Filled two small whole wheat tortillas with a smear of hummus, light cheddar, spinach, mushrooms and carrot. Tonight I put a dollop of light sour cream on the soup to up the creaminess factor.

466 469 468

Thanks for the warm welcome, Amy. It was much needed.

Pin It

1 comment:

tash said...

Good lookin' eats!