Monday, May 18, 2009

Home-Sweet-Home

OMG! What a whirlwind of activity I wound up on since my last post! So sorry for just disappearing without warning, but some unexpected fun came up and there just wasn't any time for the computer. Then I had my flight home with no layover time and spent yesterday and this morning catching up on sleep (my internal clock is totally buggered up now!).

I am now home and trying to get back to my regular schedule...although thankfully it is actually a Canadian statutory holiday (Victoria Day) so work isn't exceptionally busy...which is great because I have a lot of time to make up from last week.

I can tell you though, that although I had a fantastic time, I ate like a pig and am soooooo excited to be home with my freshly stocked fridge and my own kitchen. My wallet and my body are thanking me already. The scale was actually pretty nice to me this morning, showing only a 2 pound gain...but the lack of running and working out has left me with a sore back and pudgy feeling all over. Tomorrow, the treadmill and I will be reunited and I can't wait!! (Angie....warm yoga?)

Stay tuned. I have many trip highlights to share with you all. Teasers include:
  • a train ride
  • a ferry ride
  • cupcakes!
  • Fleetwood Mac!!!!!
What I learned: I need to work on my traveling habits. More and more of my family and friends know about my blog and my desire for a balanced and healthy lifestyle...yet while traveling I totally let my situations throw me of course. Through no one else's fault either...it was all me. When given the opportunity for healthy choices, I almost never took them. All caution to the wind! Definitely a lesson to be learned here. Pin It

5 comments:

tash said...

I can't wait to hear all the deets!

ElleBee said...

Glad you made it home safe! Vacation of any kind usually leads to indulgences, but they good thing is they usually motivate you to get back to your healthy ways.

Heather said...

Welcome back to rainy Halifax...lol

Julie said...

Happy to hear you had a great time!
Get lots of sleep and good eats!
Can't wait to hear about more of your trip... Ok just the part about the cupcakes!! LOL

Angela Power said...

I was MIA from the puter yesterday! I would have loved to go to yoga tonight, but we have a viewing and I have to run home after work and get the pup out of the house :-(

Travelling is TOUGH to stay on track completely, especially when vacation mode kicks in. A few days back on track will fix ya all up!