Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Walk in the Park

Not a cloud in the sky!!  Love it.

077 078 079 080 082 085083 084 

After a wander through the park, by the water, around the picnics and kids playing…we stopped for ice cream.  Yummmmmmm!

086 087 

Pinky’s is one of those cool brazier style food stands.  They serve a wide variety of ice cream, plus fries, burgers, etc.  (I saw a sign for deeeeep friiiiied iiiiice creeeeeam…drool).  We will go back for lunch sometime when we’ve planned for it.

His ice cream: Brownies on the Moon topped with Peanut Butter Cookie Dough.  (The PB was creamy and awesome…with chunks of actual cookie dough).

Her ice cream: Polar Bear Paw (french vanilla ice cream with white chocolate caramel cups, chocolate almond bits, and caramel ribboned throughout).  Seriously the best ice cream I have had in forever!! 

088

After some more time in the sun, a nice drive through a neighborhood we’ve never visited (we like to see how the rich folks live!), and a couple of errands we returned home.  FH was in a hurry to get to the fridge.

While in the US he found his favorite childhood drink.  Since he hasn’t seen it in Canada in years, he brought us home a six-pack.

Tahiti Treat!     (Urban Dictionary definition is hysterical.)

I totally remember this stuff from when I was a kid.  What kid wouldn’t love fizzy fruit punch!!  FH is in nostalgia heaven!

091 092 Pin It

9 comments:

Vanessa said...

I totally remember Tahiti Treat! Looks like a great day :D

Angela Power said...

OMG I REMEMBER tahiti treat!!! lol

What a wonderful day! I wish I could have been out enjoying it rather than packing and de-junking!

ElleBee said...

Was a great day for your walk, just beautiful out!! I've lived here my whole life and have never been to the Dingle. Every Summer I say I will go but.... maybe this Summer! LOL

Mmm I LOVED Tahiti Treat pop when I was a kid.

Lady J said...

After reading the Urban Dictionary definition I'd say some miss Tahiti Treat much more than others. It was one of my favs in my much younger days too!! :o)

Heather said...

Drooling over the ice cream...

I don't remember it :( I wasn't really into pop as a kid, I may have had an occasional Pepsi or Rootbeer so maybe that's why I don't remember? Or it could be the fact that I grew up in a very rural, isolated NL community...lol

Sarah said...

Beautiful park!

I remember Tahiti treat as well, reminds me of being a kid :)

eurydice said...

beautiful pictures - i would love an ice cream!

Mikey said...

yummy! Tahiti Treat was awesome!

Jen said...

I totally loved Tahiti Treat (and their definition of it!!!)

That ice cream sounds YUMMY!!!! We have VERY few good ice cream places here!!!