Saturday, May 30, 2009

Soggy Saturday

We woke up to continuing dismal weather.  Boooo.  Bring on Spring!  We want to get out in the yard and start getting a few things done (ooooooh, the joy of digging up dandelions!), but it’s tough to do when everything is soggy.  The forecast says tomorrow will be nice…we shall see!

So we enjoyed a leisurely morning sipping coffee.  FH has many PVR’d F1 races to catch up on so while he watched those I blogged from my laptop on the loveseat.  Funny how annoyed I was to buy this silly thing, but now I love having the second computer for using in the living room.  We are ridiculous really…we each have a desktop (mine in my office, his in his den) and now we both have laptops in the living room.  LOL.

The weather left me with the urge to bake.  Now that FH is home to share the baked goods I feel a little more like doing it.  When I’m here on my own, I tend to eat all of my wares!

First, yoga.  Sitting in the theatre last night wreaked havoc on my bad shoulder (which wasn’t bugging me much at all until that damn plane trip to and from Victoria) so I did a session of Yoga for Back Pain from yogadownload.com.  This series totally helps.  I can’t tell it’s helping while I’m doing it, but about an hour later my shoulder/neck/back feel amazing! 

IMG_0790IMG_0792IMG_0794

Then lunch…no breakfast today.  I decided to make a smoothie (I’m working on an idea for a “smoothie week” next week!).  Today’s mix was my usual, but I added some PB2 for fun.  I won’t do it with particular mix again…the flavors didn’t jive for me. 

IMG_0799  

In the blender was:

1/2 ripe banana

4 frozen strawberries, slightly thawed

1 tbsp flax meal

1 tbsp PB2

3/4 cup light vanilla soy milk

1/4 cup water

Served up with a Nature’s Path waffle topped with almond butter and the other 1/2 of my banana sliced up.   

IMG_0801IMG_0802

Now I was all limber and full, so it was time to bake.  I made a batch of Tina’s Oatmeal Raisin Bars…but instead of 1 cup of raisins, I subbed in a 1/2 cup of semi-sweet mini chocolate chips (FH doesn’t like raisins).  I also made a dozen of my Banana Oatmeal Muffins, but turned them into banana coconut oatmeal muffins by adding 1/2 cup sweetened coconut (I also dusted the tops with the coconut).

IMG_0804 IMG_0805 IMG_0806 IMG_0808 IMG_0811

Baking puts me in a great mood!

Once everything was out of the oven and cooling, I headed off to the grocery store (again!).  Got a few snacks for this evening when our friends come over, plus the ingredients for a decadent pizza we plan to have for dinner tomorrow night (stay tuned!).  I forgot to get yeast for the pizza dough though so I’ll have to do that tomorrow when we do our errands.

Now it’s just a relaxing evening…we’ll do a bit of vacuuming and dusting before our guests come and I think I’ll have a fruity snack to tide me over (FH made himself a huge late lunch, so dinner on the menu today).  Considering the dismal weather, it’s turned out to be a lovely Saturday!

Pin It

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

Hehe, you are too cute with all of your computers! No lie though, as soon as Lucas and I move to a bigger place I will likely purchase a desktop and hang on to my laptop for living room use :P

Crystal said...

My boyfriend and I have a desktop each and a laptop each ... people think we're crazy!!

I'm going to give yogadownload a try, and try to get my boyfriend to give it a go to. He's always complaining of a sore back and neck so maybe some yoga will help!

Dani @ PFL said...

Okay, those oatmeal bars look like they are just to die for! Thanks for sharing the recipe. =)

Christy said...

LOL, its not bad until you guys start messaging each other from your laptops while in the same room. Well, same house too :P Thanks for the yoga for back pain idea, I'm gonna try that even though I fell off the yoga bandwagon ages ago. I'm thinking its time to climb back on! :)

Cat said...

Those muffins look delicious!!

Angela Power said...

I'm sitting here in the living room on my new netbook :0D How did I EVER live without one???!

PB2 ROCKS in smoothies..okay okay I know you're not a fan!

Your baked goods look yummers :-)

Look at you all yogini-like!

Jen said...

I am SOOOOO making those bars!!!

We are the same with computers!!! Me and Danny each have a desktop (though mine is mac) and we each have laptops...and we have a mini that sits in our living room...I love that thing...and I won't count how many towers and monitors Danny has...but he's a computer geek...and well, I have a lot of shoes, so I can't complain about them!!!!