Thursday, February 19, 2009

Recipe - Banana Oatmeal Muffins

Lucky you guys! A product review and a recipe all in one day. :)

Last weekend I had wanted to make some oatmeal muffins, but while looking for the recipe I landed up finding the Oatmeal Raisin Bar recipe instead so the muffins had to wait. But I ran out of the bars so now was a fine time to try for the muffins again. I searched online and found a few recipes, merged some ideas together and here is what I ended up with. I'm sure it could still be tweaked, but the muffins turned out moist and pretty delicious so I thought I would share.

Banana Oatmeal Muffins

3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup large flake oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch nutmeg
1 cup milk (I used 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze + 1/2 cup skim milk)
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup mashed overripe banana

- Combine all dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Add dry to wet and stir just until combined. Don't whip or overmix.
- Scoop into a sprayed muffin tin. Makes 12.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool in pan until easy to handle, then let completely cool on wire rack (I turned them upside down because the bottoms were still a little sticky).

Enjoy! Pin It

2 comments:

A Toronto girl out West said...

I'm going to bookmark these and try them soon!!!

Thank-you so much for posting it! :)

Julie said...

I must try this!!!

Thanks for sharing.