Saturday, April 11, 2009

Organized Chaos

Believe it or not this is some semblance of organization:

Each of those piles represents a specific type of bill, invoice, receipt or tax related paper. The huge pile on the right is actually for shredding. Apparently I've saved every grocery receipt since we moved in here last January. Highly unnecessary if there isn't anything office/work related on it! Even Mr. Stoopy is astounded by this mess....he's used to our "everything in it's place" house.

Before I started sorting I got sugar cookie dough prepared...



Health freaks look away! That's 1 1/2 cups of butter you are looking at. Not to mention 2 cups of white sugar and 5 cups of white flour. Ya, I'm giving away heart attacks for Easter. But they'll be cutesy decorated heart attacks!

And made dinner....

Since I mentioned chickpeas and cheddar cheese the other day I've been craving it, so I put both in my salad. The salad I made was so huge that I ended up pulling about a third of it off my plate to make room for my shrimp! I guess I got a little carried away. In the big bowl was romaine & iceberg lettuce, baby spinach, diced tomato, matchstick carrots, green onion, chickpeas & shredded light cheddar. Dressed with just a drizzle of grapeseed oil and s&p.

Since FH is at work I took this as another opportunity for some shrimp. Just sauteed with a smidge of EVOO and fresh garlic, then added the remaining creamy tomato & spinach sauce that was leftover from pasta. Deeeelish.

While I sorted my papers I ate a mini-bag of Eggies. These are my favorite Easter treat....much better than those stinky Mini Eggs. :) I'm eating too much candy, I know. I've ended every post for the last few days with some kind of candy. I have issues. The candy dish should get cleared out by Monday. If it doesn't I'm sending the leftovers to work with FH. He can be all popular in the ward room by bringing homemade sugar cookies and a bunch of candy for the SIX WEEK sail they are about to go on. But he's not allowed to give any to whoever it was that decided they need to go away for so long!

Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can take or leave sugar cookies, but I love the dough! Mmmm...

tash said...

oh no - 6 weeks :(