Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Evening Recap with Lotsa Pics

I really need to remember to do a blog at bedtime! Taking the photos is easy to remember, but actually getting up here to post them is another thing all together. Sorry gang!

Yesterday's afternoon snack was some more of that crazy good Liberte Coconut yogurt (I am soooo impressed with myself for not just sitting down with a spoon and polishing off the whole tub!) topped with a sprinkle of Kashi Go Lean Crunch. On the side I had a couple of PC Organic mini chocolate chips cookies.

Dinner was a re-run: Black Bean Turkey Burgers. The batch I made a couple of weeks ago yielded a few extra patties I had been keeping in the freezer. I remembered to take photos for you all this time. Definitely one of my fave new recipes. Especially on the ciabatta buns....deeeeelish! Topped them with salsa, light sour cream and some sliced tomato. I was going to use spinach as my leafy green on the burger, but since we had a bigass spinach salad as our side I decided I didn't want it on my burger.





The salad was a simple mix of baby spinach, matchstick carrots, chopped tomato, red onion, a bit of shredded light monterey jack and a sprinkle of Renee's Spring Herb dressing.




After dinner I was in a baking mood, so I made a batch of scones. Partial batch of plain for FH (he doesn't eat fruit!) and the rest with frozen blueberries for me. Droooool. I love blueberries in baked goods! I didn't have buttermilk (or regular milk for that matter!) so I used vanilla soy milk in these and I think it gave them a slightly softer consistancy, but I could be imagining that. I also brushed each one with a smidge of egg white and sprinkled with the teeniest bit of sugar to give them a sweet little glisten.



FH made me some tea and I ate three of the blueberry scones. No photos as by then I was cozied up on the couch and figured you all know what a cup of tea looks like. :)

We finished watching Donnie Darko. I didn't get it. I was somewhat enjoying the first half the night before, but the second half of the movie lost me. On a brighter note, Jake Gyllenhaal's performance was quite good...some of the looks on his face were downright creepy.
Pin It

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

Burgers look great!

I've never seen Donnie Darko...

Angela Power said...

Jeez girl, just trying' to keep up with you! lol

I love ciabatta and fococcia bread with all my heart! I love everything about your meal! I have never really tried bean burgers before, but I'd love to try them. Scones = yum

Cat said...

I'm drooling at your scones....I love the Sbux lemon cran one so much it makes me want to cry.

Your food day looks delicious!

eurydice said...

i have got to try those burgers! we really have a lot of the same eating and exercise habits!