Friday, January 09, 2009

Recipe - Easy Fruit Scones

Whilst visiting back home, my friend's hubby made scones and they were so tasty I asked him for the recipe. He made his with raisins but you can put just about anything in them. I did mine with blueberries, and actually did a half batch of plain for FH. Easy and yummy!

And the best part is he already had the recipe calculated for WW and they are 2 points each (batch of 12). (unless you use raisins or dried fruit...then they bump up to 3 points).

Easy Fruit Scones

1 cup Buttermilk (I used 1 cup skim milk w/ 1 tbsp vinegar)
2 tbsp chilled butter (try grating frozen butter)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
3 tbsp sugar
2 cups flour (I used 1/2 wheat & 1/2 white) (you can even exchange 1/2 cup for oat bran)
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen berries or diced fruit

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix dry ingredients together, then cut in butter with pastry cutter (or blend with fork if you grated the butter). Add milk and mix just until dough forms. Roll out onto heavily floured surface and cut into 12 (I roll into rectangle and cut with knife, but a biscuit cutter works great too). Bake for 15-20 minutes.

(For an extra point, I drizzled melted white chocolate on the blueberry ones. Hell ya.) Pin It

6 comments:

Jen said...

OHMIGOD!!!!!!!!!!!

YUM!!!!!!!!!!

tash said...

Mmmm . . . I love scones!

Angela Power said...

OH wow thanks for the recipe!! I super love scones and drool at them in the display case at sbux every time!

Heather said...

mmmm..will have to try that recipe out very soon :)

Sarah said...

OMG the blueberry with the white chocolate sounds AMAZING. I need to try these.

eurydice said...

great recipe and so low point how can anyone not want to make these!